2/04/2007

Dashing through the snow

NOT! It is way too cold out, even for the hard core snowmobilers.

I have been holed up for two days now. It's very peaceful here. I have been writing, bought some more books I want to check out, done an ebay search for the mom, heard from the Eldest, Best Girl, the #1son and Scooter Girl in the last week. They are all hanging in there. I checked in with the sister and all is well with them and theirs. My animals are in, I am feeding a stray dog and maybe a stray cat as well as the birds. It looks like it will be Wednesday before we get from -10 to -30! back to the positive side of the thermometer.

I hurt for all those who are not warm today and have been blessing the new furnace and the fact that we seem to have made it through this storm without the power going out. I have entertainment, thought provoking reading available, really, all is well here.

Jeanette may be moving into the upstairs soon. I hope so. I think it will be good for her and I know it will be nice for me to have companionship again. I have half the closet cleaned out for her and she and I will work out the rest as we go. It's a great joy to me to have this abundance to share with a friend.

So to all of you out there in nice weather, remember us! It might be a nice time to invite your family from Michigan to visit south some where!

I think I am going to lose my nice new bar/pub. The new owner put everything he had into it but he hasn't enough to go past the end of the month. I really like what he is trying to do with the place, food, music and dancing for the older crowd. Advertising is his bane, not enough in the budget for it. I am praying for him and the business. It's his dream and has become my place to be not alone when I need to be with people. Seems strange to pray for the sucess of a bar, but I have done stranger things.

I have venison cooking with corn on the cob and potatoes to add to it later. There is the distinct likely hood that I will have banana cake for desert, too. That means I have to go cook, LOL, has I have not yet moved in a chef!

I will be getting caught up with all of you over the next couple days. I missed my reading time because of study time.

Thanks for loving me! I love you, too!

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 4/2/07 9:17 PM, Blogger Cyrus said...

As a member of my blog family...you're always invited to Miami. I know it's not your favorite spot, but I bet it's sounding a little better right now. :)

 
At 4/2/07 10:16 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, we've been locked in the grip ever since that nice warm start gave way.

 
At 5/2/07 1:12 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you Cyrus! I have a sis there, too and a neice. Then I see you had a tornado and I stay put.

At least, Anvil, it's pretty outside right now. I'll bet your getting some lovely shots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home