1/23/2007

Running on empty

It's getting closer, the black anniversary. I have to say that with working with Jeanette and her family I haven't had time to get down much. It sneaks into my days is strange and sudden ways. I dropped one of them off yesterday and there was a beautiful boxer girl dog there and tears gushed for my white friend that I miss but have tried to let go cheerfully. I miss him, too. He was my last friend that was as close to the mate as I was that was here everyday for us. I did what was right for him and it's nice to know the mate has his friend but he gave me a secure feeling I don't have with my Shadow girl. She's just not mean looking, only noisy.

There is a need for about seven thousand dollars to get the family squared up and put a roof on the house. That is not even the cost of the from the floor up remodel they will have to do. It is just what they need to pay everything I am aware of off and cover the house so it will dry and take no more damage from weather.

May all of you who have helped be as blessed as they feel today! They all have rooms in homes to stay in, bedding, beds and clothing. There is a need for dressers and two real full sized beds. A guitar is needed. There are other things too, but we are getting them as fast as we can. Others have been bringing what is needed, too.

A bunch came here to warm up and get breakfast and coffee yesterday and I was so glad to have the abundance of food for them! There is enough and more than enough so far.

I will be back later!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 23/1/07 2:12 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I guess that helping others is the best medicine.

 
At 25/1/07 12:17 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

If you are able to help others you are blessed. If you are blessed sharing multiplies it.

I am many times blessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home