2/02/2007

Could'a been the whiskey

Might'a been the gin, sometimes you just need to relax and that is what it takes.

Today is my Uncle Arr's bday. I always thought it was neat he was born on ground hog's day. Happy Bday, Uncle!

Things have been happening way too fast here to find time to blog it all. I am very sorry for the spotty postings. Right now we have a blizzard blowing by and it looks like I will have time to catch up everything.

Jeanette and I went out on the first. I got over to take her a check (donation) and at seven in the evening she was still not in bed. She was supposed to go to work at 11, getting up at nine to be there on time. I talked to her a few minutes and learned she had not slept yet all day. She had seen a doctor and had new medication, too.

I asked her to think about working on shears and presses with only two hours of sleep and she decided to call in. I was glad. She has been doing everything possible to get funding for rebuilding her home. Insurance will pay off the mortgage but she has to have money for a roof and a total redo of the first floor from the boards up.

I could tell she was doing the mind going in endless circles thing and would not sleep so I asked her to go have dinner with me. We talked and cried and ate and she drank while I was designated. She really needed to relax all the way and I confess to encouraging her to imbibe more than three drafts. We went back to my place and she slept peacefully with no interruptions until almost nine thirty the next day.

I ran her home, got my mail and started sorting the bills out to pay. Now the storm has hit I can catch you up some.

Stay tuned.