1/17/2007

Jan 17 - I'll never grow a mustache

I won't grow up! How many of us have resolved in our secret heart to never be like "grown ups"? Probably all of us at one time or another. And how many of us who later had children wondered if they would even live to grow up as we might have to kill them? I would guess almost every parent has been tempted by an unruly child and a nearby swamp once.

Trying to balance between our child like wonder at the world and it's magic and our adult responsibilities is difficult at best. Many of us just give up and let go of our ability to play, imagine and marvel at the miracles around us and plod on making a living and being all grown up. That is sad. There should be wonder and joy for everyone of every age in the sight of a rainbow or the flash of a firefly. Bubbles should always be fun.

I had a thought today. It was that not all that is unseen is unreal. Perhaps dragons fly invisibly past us on the blast of a wind out of nowhere. That flash of white in the summer woods might be a Pegasus grazing. Maybe fairies are real but on a different plane of existence than we poor humans.

If electricity is real and magnetism is real and gravity is real then all the other beings may be real, too. Real? Divine Love, God, Buddha, Allah, and the rest?

For me the Divine Love has manifested itself in the care I have received this year, this life. Just like two magnets will repel or attract but I can't see what makes them do it, Love for me has been there, even though I can't show it to you.

Am I trying too hard to NOT see the dragons? Oh, I hope so!