1/16/2007

Thank you for being a friend

Yesterday, in just ONE day, I was able to take Jeanette a for three hundred and fifty dollars! Thank you all for helping! I am leaving their post up at the top for thirty days because most of the money was spent on car parts, some bedding, a very few toys for the two boys who are three and four, and restocking a kitchen.

I want you to look around you today and estimate what those spices, flour, sugar, coffee, cereal, pots, pans, glasses, dishes and cleaning supplies cost. Then you will understand why I will be asking you to give as you can for a whole month.

These first two weeks after a fire everyone will be willing to send clothes, bedding, and money but then they feel like they have done their part and the extra income stops while your expenses have doubled, trying to keep a new place going and get to work and buy new clothes for seven. Add all the usual expenses of life, like fixing the car that broke down yesterday and ran forty dollars just for the parts, and you can see where they will have needs for extra help for at least a month.

Most of my tithe is going to them for awhile. I remember hitting the place where you had bags of clothes every where, nothing to store them in, no money for dressers because the car insurance and the house payment are still due, and no one to help sort the mess out because the mate is at work and the girls were at school. It was my job to get us organized and I felt like I was going to have hysterics half the time because I was still freaking out from losing everything.

So if you couldn't help yet, it's ok. They will need help for a long time yet, at least the first two months while they get a new routine worked out.

I also bought the nephew's car, filled the tank and got it an oil change. It's nothing fancy but her car needs work and the boy's truck broke down hauling stuff to the aunts garage. The DIL spent yesterday moving more dirt than I have seen in a house since my parents bought our farm. She did an amazing job! I got some throw rugs and such so she had padding under her feet in the evening.

I took Jeanette to the bank and the grocery and the dollar store yesterday and we filled the car with things they needed. When I finally had her drive me home I spent another hour grabbing stuff they can use to clean and eat and such. It's loaded now, I have to get going.

Please at least pray blessings for them if you can't give a little and please give what you can. Every dollar helps as she is frugal and thrifty. She has always canned from her garden and the freezer didn't burn, it's full of meat. But they need blankets and towels and bedding still. It's going to cost. They will need money to buy the rafters for the house....

It's we the people who make our country great. Thank you to all who have helped my friends.