12/24/2006

Going my way?

Holiday movies. That is one I watch every year. Holiday Inn is another. They played in the background tonight as I couldn't watch them. I had other things I wanted to do, like blog.

I asked for "no gifts, no dustables, just visits" for the holiday but some people just won't take your word for it. Some people just ride rough shod over your requests anyway. Some people just want to give a token of appreciation and some people just plain love to give gifts.

I so love my family. The #1son won't be told no gifts. I'm the Mom, I get a present. May all his days be filled with what he needs to be happy! His wife is the same and I so love the #1DIL! They gave me a SMALL gift of chocolate covered cranberries, a new one for me and yummy in dark dip, a shirt that says, "I'm blogging this." and a coffee warmer that runs off the computer. (works great, btw, boy and mate!)

The Cboy1 I had loaned a book to this year that means a lot to me. He bought me a newly published and expanded version! He really liked the book and I was so glad. I need to loan it out again! I have a friend I think might enjoy it and learn from it, too.

My favorite way to recharge myself is to make a fresh pot of coffee and curl up with a book and a box of candy. Between them all I have that to look forward to someday soon.

Nephew Cboy2 and his wife gave me a lovely photo of them and their sprung off girl on their new property. I so heart it. Cgirl and Chim gave me a shot of their growing group, too. I may not have mentioned I have been sorting through and framing family photos to do a family tree wall but am short some people I need. Vgirl and Vhe sent me a great one of them in my card. I am getting closer to getting it ready to layout. I want to keep the people I care about in front of my face so I remember to bless them for loving me and love them back. It will help them get the family sorted out some, too. They all cheered me with the pictures.

The Mom gave use a booklet that has a poem in it she found in the back of her grandmother's bible years ago. It applies to many people in our lives, from children to friends and I am putting it here for you all.

Again this year, the little ones played, more of us were able to be together, the Lions almost played a real game for a minute, the food was abundant and the gladness of being able to gather was shared by all. My grandgirl didn't scream when she saw me and ran to tell me goodbye with a willing heart. That was so sweet! There were yorkie puppies to hold and tiny horses to watch in the fields, good friends and family to catch up with, and we did decide to gift christmas to a family that needs it next year. With only one gift per family to get we should double the love we share and minimize the cost of gifting.

I took my son the guitar that was my father's to use for learning on. My father gave me his for the same reason. I gave the nephews and neieces that gave such moving tributes and worked so hard to help me this year photos of the mate and I together that KMA had and we didn't. They went to the rest of family, too, to remind them of the love that is ours always and can be theirs if they work at it, treasure it, and know it when they have it. I gave my mother a gift we will not mention here but that she wanted.

As I drove home I was overcome by the missing of my mate. He would have had a good time but would have probably left early because there were so many people in such a small area. When I went home he would have been there for me to tell my day's thoughts to. He would have had his own to share and they would have been valuable to me in that I couldn't think the way he did about people. We would have spent the rest of the day together and enjoyed just being back in our comfy space. There would have been "the love of the season" shared between us and tomorrow morning small gifts of love and treats and a home cooked breakfast shared.

But then there is this, and I have a road to walk and love to share here yet. The tears were done before I got back to the empty home. I am good here. I have the love around me of those I love and I will not dishonor it with wishing for more love. I have had so much love in my life it is just plain greed to wish for yet more. Still, the love of a mate is different from every other love we share here and I will watch for when I may be chosen to share such a precious gift again.

For those with miles and spaces and time between them I offer the gift from my mother.


MIZPAH

Go thou thy way, and I go mine,
Apart, yet not afar;
Only a thin veil hangs between
The pathways where we are.
And "God keep watch 'tween thee and me";
This is my prayer;
He looks thy way, He looketh mine,
And keeps us near.

I know not where thy road may lie,
Or which way mine will be;
If mine will lead thro' parching sands
And thine beside the sea;
Yet God keeps watch 'tween thee and me,
So never fear;
He holds thy hands, He claspeth mine,
And keeps us near.

Should wealth and fame perchance be thine,
And my lot lowly be,
Or you be sad and sorrowful,
And glory be for me,
Yet God keep watch 'tween thee and me;
Both be in His care;
One arm round thee and one round me
Will keep us near.

I sigh sometimes to see thy face,
But since this may not be,
I'll leave thee to the care of Him
Who cares for thee and me.
"I'll keep you both beneath my wings,"
This comforts, dear;
One wing o'er thee and one o'er me,
Will keep us near.

And though our paths be separate,
And thy way is not mine,
Yet coming to the Mercy seat,
My soul will meet with thine.
And "God keep watch 'tween thee and me,"
I'll whisper there.
He blesseth thee, He blesseth me,
And we are near.

JULIA A. BAKER

This fits right in with what I have been working on in my life. I will try to put it out here for you all soon.

Hugs to all my friends and visitors today.



Comments: 6 Comments:
At 25/12/06 3:08 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Merry Chrismas, my friend! Thank you for sharing the poem.

 
At 25/12/06 9:38 PM, Blogger Cyrus said...

"I'm blogging this" - SO FUNNY!!

And the rest of this post...just more evidence of the amazing soul and vision that you are.


Merry, merry Christmas kid.

 
At 25/12/06 10:21 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

You are welcome for the poem, Saur. And yes, Cyrus, I so heart the shirt! Now they will be warned that this is being recorded.

Thank you both for sharing your time here with me.

 
At 25/12/06 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your bittersweet experience tonight. Just discovered your blog a minute ago!

 
At 26/12/06 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas (a day late)! Thought of you this weekend and hoped everything was OK with you. {{{{HUGS}}}}}

 
At 26/12/06 3:39 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hi Rhea, thanks for stopping in.

Hi Ananke, LTNS, liked your new layout, forgot to mention it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home