12/14/2006

It's the little old lady from Pasadena

I'm still looking for a vehicle and waiting to hear from the insurance company. That's right. I found out I had comprehensive on the white truck. I let the lady at the desk talk me into it when I was switching the insurance around after the mate died. For the first time in my entire life an insurance company is going to pay me money. It means I have a larger budget for a vehicle and that I won't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get one that is paid off. Talk about your "I don't believe it" happenings!

The kids will get to keep the hulk I gave them to try an fix up and I get new wheels. That was the great news. The question is, what kind? I liked my Rabbit deisel but I try to buy american. I loved my little truck but for hauling people it was lousy. I don't really need to be able to haul anything but a motorcycle sometimes now and anything with a hitch and a small trailer can do that. I need economical and reliable. I hate automatic everything. I like a stick. There is almost nothing out there that isn't front wheel drive. ARRRGGGHH! I hate change! I hate shopping! I hate getting stuck in the snow. I live in snow country.

I called everyone I know to let them know I'm looking but so far nothing has floated to the top from networking. And the prices! WOW, am I out of the loop on cars.

There is more good news. I finished painting the steps to the upstairs. I have the attic to sort but have gotten a lot of it done. If I iron the curtains in the dining room, put up the shade there and in the kitchen, mom gets the kitchen curtain done for me, I get my bedroom straightened out and then clean heavy once, it's done. Except the, bless it's junk gathering ways, back porch. It's a short list and I still need trim for the hall but wow people, it's so close! And I forgot the three chairs I have to recover. The one I did looks so nice I think I will get that done tonight.

I spent one day going through and framing pictures. I am waiting on neices and nephews to get me five by sevens of them and families and my kids to do the same. I don't have current photos of any of them. That leaves me eight photos short of getting them all framed. Then we play "Wall layout" on the floor in the living room until I am happy with it and pick a wall to bury with them all. I have a lot of family.

It's really all good here. I just have to keep saying that. I was so sad last night I made a pan of cinnimon rolls and ate them all after a spagetti dinner. I hate when I do that. I need to find another way to make myself feel pleasure. (Yes, that would be part of what I mean)

I am short my very favorite person to spend time with and I have time to spend. I am trying to visit more people and stay busy but sometimes I just fall into the blues hard, still. We are all so aware of the big hole where the mate should be that we all feel the lack even more when we are together. It's a rough spot we just have to live through and remember he wanted us happy.

I want us happy, too. I hope the kids enjoy the holiday from school, that the grown kids enjoy the love of the season and being together and that we all remember to count our blessings.

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 14/12/06 5:57 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good luck with the vehicle. Isn't front wheel drive better for the snow? That's what I've always thought anywya.

 
At 15/12/06 12:20 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I am old school. I grew up on rear wheel drive. On ice, it's still no good but you can steer with the front end better without power to the wheels IMHO. I can cop turn a rear wheel drive.

I guess change is good, right?

 
At 15/12/06 5:58 PM, Blogger Madzillah said...

Yippee!

So you are looking for the most basic model you can get, hmmm? You may have to special order it WITHOUT the power everything!!

 
At 15/12/06 10:59 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks madz but I am no longer made of money, LOL! I want one that is paid off so the budget probably won't stretch to "ordering" one.

Nice thought though, and guess who I had dinner with tonight?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home