12/23/2006

Oh, Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining

We have to concentrate on the stars as we have no snow this year. The weather is really almost scary it has been so warm here. Most of the last two weeks have been in the forties. I'm not complaining but I wonder what new lows we will hit in January.

I got a lot done here yesterday but just before bed as I looked around my mostly clean house with the rugs washed and the bedding fresh and the other bedding clean already I remembered I am not here to do house work! I should have something better to do! I made a few calls but everyone was out on last minute errands I guess so I didn't go visiting after all.

KMA was at Mom's and then came over here. We had coffee, she brought cupcakes and I had cookies to nibble and we visited. That was fun. I gave her sister's gift for her and she loved it. I gave her my gift to her son and she liked that, too. She said, "I'm not doing gifts this year." I felt like she was uncomfortable with that. I told her, "I'm not, either". I explained that I had done for others this year when I could and she told about some holidays she and her boy made better for others, like we are again this year. We went on to other things.

Being me, my head went over this "no gifts" thing after she left. I wish I had said, "How can you say you gave me no gift? You came over twice, once moving a schedule work session to be here, to do my walls. They are solid and lovely because of your skills and the time you took to do them. It's a wonderful gift. You came to visit and helped me with the mouse problem. Do you think I don't know that time is all we have and it's precious? Thank you so much for caring enough to spend yours with me."

It's really all I want for a gift from my people now, their time. It's the gift I would rather give, my time. I want to visit and lend a hand or an ear or a smile to their days rather than send money or a card. It's going to be my one resolution this year, go and see my friends and family. Make the time to do it and remember time is all you have.

Yes, I want my newly face lifted house to look nice and be welcoming to my people but NO I am not going to get fussy about it. I am going to finish the laundry, wash up the few dishes, mop the floors because they really need it and then I am out of here! I have gifts to deliver and people to let know I care about them .

I got a nice gift from my son. He called and wants me to start coming over for guitar lessons. I am not qualified to teach, really. I am not that great a player. I can give him the basics though and show him how to read tabs, do some finger exercises and find him an instrument that fits him. It will be fun. Until I go back to work I will do Mondays with the #1son. That's a gift!

I care about all of you too, loyal readers and friends. This year's gift is a saying I really believe. I wish I could tell you what blog I found it on, but I can't. I have printed it out for many friends and family. I hope you will click on it and print it out to keep by you all year.

Merry Christmas! See you all Tuesday!

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 24/12/06 8:45 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Wish I could express, through my tears now, how much these words have touched me. I will read them often.

Thank you so much, Val, for being you and sharing yourself with me.

Merry, Merry Christmas dear friend!

p.s. I'm going to post the words as my Christmas wish on my blog... hope you don't mind.

 
At 24/12/06 10:13 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I dropped by to wish you a Merry Christmas and to thank you for being a blogging buddy.

 
At 24/12/06 4:38 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I think sharing of yourself (time) is the most precious gift of all.. you are so thoughtful.

Merry Christmas sweet Angel!

 
At 24/12/06 11:06 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hello Jean, I know what you mean. The first time I read them I had to just keep reading them. I got it. I'm working on it. You too!

Anvil you have hung with me through the times of mate and times of no mate, I can't say how much you have come to mean to me as a blog buddy.

Julie you warm my heart. I'm an unlikely angel but I'm doing my best, I know you are finding happiness again, may '07 be your best year ever!

Merry Christmas to all of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home