10/09/2006

You load 16 tons, waddya get?

antoher day older and bony fingers...Whoops, mixed up my songs there.

The dog is eating and gaining weight and acting like a dog again. Thursday Best Girl and Grand2 went out and while she started mowing, Grand2 had a bowl of soup and fed the dog all the noodles, first one at a time, then more. When they swapped off on the mower she made a tuna sandwich and he ate the tuna and mayo. I don't know if it was the new meds or the loving attention but they got him kick started again. He hasn't stopped since.

We had dinner and he begged for treats. Best Girl took the grand home and came back to spend the night. He woke her to go outside. He slept on her side of the bed. I told her if he does it to me again he is going home with her. I have been boiling chicken (only while I am actually home) and breaking it up to add oatmeal to the broth with a little salt then putting that in his food. My chow lab girl has eaten everything he didn't and probably put on another 10 pounds in the last two weeks. I thought she would blow a gasket but she's kept it all down.

We didn't just sit around and nurse the dog, either. The dining room is done and mostly back together, sans my desk. I still haven't quite figured out what I am going to do about that yet. The side chairs I am keeping got painted and I worked in a trip to town for the material to recover the cushions. We got part of the kitchen move out, I ran out of boxes. I need to pack up glass ware and such I have never used. I got it mostly wiped down.

Friday after work I stopped to see what the hang up is with the new window I am supposed to be getting. Seems like they ordered it through a place I won't even go to anymore because their service and attitude sucks. It's just still not in. I should know something later today.

The sis is off playing cowboys and girls with her mate and another couple in the local wilderness for a few days. Her girl, Cgirl, and family were down. I took a load of heirloom dishware and such over there for her on Saturday night. That freed up more space for the OP's piles. (other people's) I even have some of that packed to ship out soon. Saturday I had both grands and Best Girl to help and we got a ton done.

We watched the Lions Sunday, me and the Best Girl. Mom stopped over just before the game to get the cushions and fabric for the chairs we are recovering. She was going to make the new covers for me. I still haven't knocked the cold all the way out but I'm doing some better. I told her though that I was burnt out Sunday and we were just going to watch the game. I was too beat to whale on the house.

I kept dozing off. Just as well. I took the bag off the dog last week because I saw a real team really trying to win. It went back on yesterday. I was so disappointed by their lack of coordination. They did play as a team but somewhere in the last quarter they got their signals crossed or something. It was pitful. I will say though that they are show major improvements in their play. They really are staying with it until the whistle blows. They have also really cut down on penalties this year. I have hopes they may win one soon.

When she left I got after the stuff only I can do, sorting and rearranging cupboards and cleaning up our messes. I had it pretty whipped by bed time. I got the dogs to take their meds, let them out and back in and called it a night.

This morning I heated up the food I made them, added it to some fresh regular dog food and they both ate just fine. I put Buck's "coat" on, the little horse cover the Sis modified for him last winter, and he went right outside.

Mom stopped by the shop. She took the cushions to a reupholsterer. GRRRRRR! I can't let her pay for it but I really just wanted the memory of her doing my chairs. Now I have more money going out that was not budgeted but I am not going to sweat it. It goes under crap happens and you just blow it off, glad the Mom is happy about it.

I want to empty the living room tonight and yank up the carpet so I can mop the floor before the new goes down. That should shoot tonight in the arm but I should be cool for the bible study Tuesday without as much confusion.

I pulled in one good order today at work. No credit for it, of course, but we got it anyway. I felt better. I hope to have another tomorrow.

So starts a new week of adventures in redecorating. Oh crap! I was supposed to call the plumber!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 10/10/06 3:50 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Did you hear about those new Doggy treats that are minty flavored? They are supposed to give dogs fresh breath. I dont know if they are new or not, but the commercial is and it's really funny!

 
At 12/10/06 12:15 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Haven't seen em, I don't really watch much tv.

Will check it out though. Thanks for the smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home