8/25/2006

Little surfer girl

lots of them. I hates 'em. I used to roller skate and the little midgets that could go ninty miles an hours and spin, too - I hated them.

Today I got to go to the beach. Kay and 2Tall got chores done and we headed out. There was little parking available but lots of people out there surfing, fishing and swimming. I got over ambitious and when they wanted to walk down to the pier I said sure when I knew I should just say no. I wanted to look for a special shell and rocks and such. I walked. It was a long way.

It was beautiful. An undercut bank full of rocks embedded in sandstone shades a pile of large rocks that catch little rocks in their nooks and crannies. The sound of the surf underlies everything. Little pools in the rocks have small sponges and tiny springs travel through the sand to the sea. I'm dead meat and I have to pack to come home tomorrow.