8/19/2006

Just another town along the road

Hey all!

I can't sleep, of course, as its after four am and I have to be on the road at six. I just made the coffee so I can stay with the program.

I ran to town after work to get some new sandals, mine are "well broken in". I can't wear my shoes because they have gel inserts, two on the left and one on the right, to level my leg up. No gels of any kind are allowed on the flights now, or any other liquids. No patcholi oil either. I can't even stock up when I am there as I couldn't bring it home...poop!

I never did find sandals but I bought a sleeveless top for the coast, some nylons and a new, six gigabyte USB drive. Yay me! This time I am not losing my files, even if some nasty snatches my machine. It's all backed up and will be at the house. Who says I'm dumb?!

Pretty much all I am taking is one change of clothes, three pair of stockings, a jammie, a brush, tooth brush and comb. Then there is the ID, the cash, the credit card, the steel hip card, the phone book, the laptop and camera. Add the cell phone and charger and I am getting it all in one carry on. Not bad. OH, two books and a movie in case I get a wild hair and think I will be bored enough to watch one.

I got all that around after I got home from the store and then called my friend, KMA to see if she was still on to go hear the band tonight. Then my sis called. I am so stupid. I was trying to hurry and forgot I had invited her to go with us and the conversation is garbled in my head but I hope I didn't screw up and make her think she couldn't come! I was half way there when I realized she may have been checking to see when we were leaving.

So SIS! If I did mess up I am really sorry. If it's any consolation, the music was well performed and the musicians were excellent but the tunes were nothing I even knew. They were all strange rock, not classic but more current stuff. I don't even know the names of the songs or the bands that do them. KMA and I had a decent dinner and it was fun to visit with our band buddy but I would have been happier with a little more stuff I was familiar with.

We headed out about midnight so I could get home to run the file back ups. I got them done, KMA, about ten minutes ago. I don't have the whole hard drive but my personal stuff and websites are on there. Now it just sits here and waits for the next time I need to back up.

Jones got here about twenty minutes after KMA left. He is helping get his parents packed to move. He is upstairs napping and I am going to roll him out in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I can sleep on the plane, or the next plane, or when I get to 2Tall's place.

I need another cup of coffee and it's done now. I just wanted to tell you all "Bye" before I ram off for the half day of travel. The weather is dreary and drizzly but I don't think it's bad enough to stop the flights.

Next time you hear from me it will be from the other side of the Mississippi. Enjoy your weekend, all!