6/13/2006

I want to tell you once again, somehow

I love the Eldest Grand! I love all my grands but he was the first and so is the most used to my ways. He's been helping me out while the fence is going in and he's doing a fine job. I throw a little cash his way and we are both happy. But even if I am broke he comes when I need him.

All too soon he the the other boy will be on their own, in college or jobs and probably far from the homestead. I will have to wait for the next batch to get older and be able to come stay. I will miss them both.

I love my kids! They make me laugh, make me think, make me proud and call home often enough that I keep in pretty good touch with them.

My sis brought me eggs last week, I will have to boil them soon, I didn't use them up. But I love her for sharing her drug free, free range eggs with me.

The Mom has never missed an emergency. Not one time did she ever say "Sorry, you're on your own." I don't know what I will do when her phone number doesn't work anymore.

I have two other sisters. I love the one for making me look good and the other for dressing me. (I call it dressing me funny, but it's usually really cute.)

I have several foster and step siblings. Most of them I don't know as well as I would like. Many of them are younger than I am and most live where we just don't get together much. Same with some of the cousins - I just don't get enough time with them. I have tried to do better this year and have with some (hi, up north cousins!) but I wish I had more time to spend with all of them. They are my family, too. Of course, they could come see me, too...but I still would try harder to spend time with them (hi lansing cousins!) if I knew, oh, where they lived, what their schedules were and those other little details that keep you from setting up a meet.

I love my pets. My old dog, Buck, was the mates best dog ever and one of the things I am glad of is that now I don't have to worry how the mate would get by when the dog goes home. My girl dog is a great guard dog and allows only certain "safe" levels of rough housing. My big old tom cat is a poofy mushy and the stoner cat at least makes me laugh when she is not making want to ship her to Siam.

I love my friends. There are not many of them but they are 100%. I wish I was better at being a good friend. I am working on it.

I love my flowers. I am going to get them moved if it kills me! THIS year!

And I love my readers, even the silent ones.

Have a good time tonight, whatever your chores. Work was too busy for stories, I will catch you up later.

Comments: 8 Comments:
At 13/6/06 3:49 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Ahhh yes, it's always great to do inventory on the things that bless our lives! My cat, my family, and my friends are more than I deserve too. It'd be cool to be fabulously wealthy, but it's way more cool to be surrounded by people who love you and TRULY care if you're ok.

 
At 13/6/06 9:02 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Seems like you really do have quite a gathering of good folk and beasts around you.

 
At 14/6/06 5:29 AM, Blogger Jezzy said...

Awww, lovely post. It's nice to do the mental roundup about all those who you care about.

 
At 14/6/06 9:00 AM, Blogger Fred said...

A celebration of all things important to you. What an uplifting post!

 
At 14/6/06 10:08 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Happy thoughts!

 
At 15/6/06 6:30 PM, Blogger Cyrus said...

And we, the readers, love you too!

 
At 16/6/06 11:29 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you Cyrus, how sweet, *blush"

 
At 19/6/06 9:13 AM, Blogger thecutter said...

Yes! It is nice to see someone who appreciates the things and the people around them, and it's great to read this kind of thing too. What's that they say about not missing your water till your well runs dry and all that? Not a problem you have, lovely lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home