6/07/2006

M is for the million things she gave me

Today's post is brought to you by the letter "M". Muah, Mmmmm. May, Ma, Me, Mi, Mo, Mu. Most might make "me" their major matter in an "M" optimised meandering. Myself, I felt the mandated "M" word must be "Mother".

1. Mother - How can I measure the meaning of my mother to me? She has loved me through the good, bad, excellent and evil things I have done. She has maintained her maternal motivation to the point that she is still bringing home "rent a kids" to teach, love and "mother" even now. If everyone had my mother the world would be filled with mannerly, well behaved adults with a work ethic and kind hearts......or ELSE! LOL!

2. Men - now there is an "M" word for you! Men have a large place in my life. I like them. I like big, strong, smart, mechanical, protective and affectionate men. I like little nerdy ones. I like tough ones and tall ones. I miss mine. I want one again before I go. Men have been my teachers, my downfall, my cheerleaders, my friends, and they...

3. Mystify - me. Most of the interaction between humans mystifies me. I miss most of it. I don't see the subtle side of many social interrelationships. The whole "If I do this, soandso will do that and then theother will do this and I get my way" kind of thing is beyond me. I just go ask the other to help me with whatever and skip all the middle crap. I don't know how to do anything else. If I tell you that you did a job well, that's all it means, I think you did well. I am not trying to motivate you or get you to tell someone else that I told you that you did a good job and get them pissed because I didn't tell them they did a good job. ...nope. I can't even think like that without hurting my head. Men mystify me, people in general mystify me. It's why I am so interested in all of you. It's my study time when I am reading blogs.

4. Motorcycles - The list would be false without this word. They were there since I was big enough to go outside and there is one in almost every year of my life. These machines let me move on down the road by myself with just it and my skill between me and mutilation or matriculation into another state of being. You never just "ride" a motorcycle, you maneuver it, coax it, control it, and master it into taking you safely where you want to go. With the motor thrumming and the wind in my face I am in the traveling zone and free to be myself. They are the ultimate representation of freedom to many, to me they are my escape from being just another little old lady, letting me claim my uniqueness.

5. Mice - I hate them. I will walk through a snake pit to avoid a mouse house. They are my one "typical" female reaction stimulus and I hate that they make me scream, jump and run away. I have to get up the courage of David to empty a trap.

6. Mystery - Sherlock Holmes or who invented butter, I love a mystery. The world is a mystery. It means we will never know it all so it’s a promise of a puzzle for everyone ever born to solve.

7. Melodious - Music that wraps around my heart and soul, claiming my attention and absorbing me into it. My wind chimes are a good set and their melody actually does let me know when the wind is blowing. They have a melodious tuning. I love them quietly chiming in the background.
8. Manners - Required by mothers even from men on motorcycles! The small thing that keeps us from killing each other off. Should be a compulsory class in them in 2nd grade. Not taught well to our young anymore and it is a great saddness.

9. Missed - Missed the boat, missed the target, missed by a mile, mis-quoted, missed the point, this word always means it got screwed up. I miss the mate.
10. Mate - Partner, pal, the other half, friend, blood brother, check mate, mated, mating, One of a matching set of two. This word was the one I choose to call my man, not just here on the blog instead of his name, but as a pet name in real life. As in, "Hey, Mate! Will you scratch my itch if I scratch yours?" Because he was the match to me, that made us a pair, and I liked mating with him...LOL! I may have friends with benefits, boy friends, maybe even a husband some day but I don’t think I will ever find another mate. This word is retired now.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 12/6/06 11:28 AM, Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

Of course I was thinking of the Mate and the Motorcycle when I gave this letter to you :) Seemed obvious that this letter belonged to you!
Good job, I enjoyed reading this!
-Cora :)

 
At 13/6/06 3:06 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Cora!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home