3/16/2006

Light up your face with gladness

Happy Thoughts, think Happy Thoughts, Happy Thoughts.... I tagged me with this one to help me think Happy Thoughts.

1. A track from your early childhood : A whole album, 'Sing A-Long with Mitch"

2. A track that I associate with my first love: "I Think We're Alone Now" Both of us were the oldest of five kids. Trying to lose the little kids a either home was an exercise in stealth and a rare occurance.

3. A track that reminds me of a holiday trip: "Henry the Eighth" Herman's Hermits, I think. The five of us all sang on trips. Story telling was our second favorite activity.

4. A track that you like but wouldn't want to be associated with: "Get a Job", Sha-na-na

5. A track that accompanied you while you were lovesick: "Someday We'll Be Together"

6. A track that you have probably listened to most often: "Old Habits Like You", Bosephus because I am trying to break that having a mate habit.

7. A track that is your favorite instrumental: "Moonlight Sonata" just soothes my soul.

8. A track that represents one of your favorite bands:"Tequilla Sunrise" Eagles, I love harmonies.

9. A track that represents yourself best: "Kicks" (just keep getting harder to find) Paul Revere, the mate told me this
was my song. I like "Good Morning Starshine", too, because Starshine has been my CB handle for 30 years or more.

10. A track that reminds you of a special occasion (which one) : "Happy Together", came on the radio during the anniversary drive and the mate and I sang along to each other.

11. A track that you can relax to: "Thank God and Greyhound, You're Gone", it makes me laugh then I relax.

12. A track that stands for a really good time in your life: "Running Through the Fire" was the "launch" song for many of our rides when I was behind the mate instead of on my bike because it leads off my favorite album, the sound track to "Eddie and the Cruisers" and he would play it just for me. Mostly the driving beat and bass just made for great road music.

13. A track that is currently your favorite: "The Time Of My Life"

14. A track that you would dedicate to your best friend: "Summertime", Janis, which friend? Too Tall. for Tennessee Traveler it would be, "Sweet Baby James", for the Sensitve Sketcher, "Bobby McGee", For Val2, "Wasn't that a Party?", For the best friend ever, "Nobody does it better".

15. A track you think nobody but you likes: "On the Open Road" more Beaver Brown Band

16. A track that you like especially for its lyrics: "I'll never love this way again"

17. A track that you like that is neither English nor German: "Ca' Sara, sara"

18. A track that lets you release tension best: "I Will Survive" This is just a "let's dance!" song.

19. A track that you want to be played at your funeral: "Together Again"

20. A track that you'd nominate for the best of all times category: "Yesterday When I was Young", Roy Clark

There, that was fun. Happy thoughts.... I tag Jezzy and Anvil.

************

They are making a come back:
"- the producers wanted to skirt the Motion Picture
Code of Ethics (which prevents on screen portrayals of drug use) and hence
adopted an instructive form."


Comments: 3 Comments:
At 16/3/06 1:42 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I still sing "Henry the 8th" loudly and obnoxiously for my son. He just rolls his eyes.

You've gotta see the space alien singing "I Will Survive".

 
At 17/3/06 10:51 AM, Blogger Annake said...

Ha! LOVE that video!! I've always loved Herman's Hermits. Henry the 8th is one of the greatest songs. ;-)

 
At 12/4/07 11:46 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks you two!

Saur, if you can get them to revive the turkey singing it you'll laugh til you ^.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home