3/14/2006

Smile and maybe tomorrow

the nephews will send you an email or call you. The far north Nephew in Law started letting me know he was getting the bike out about Thursday last week, little rat. Luckily he had trouble getting his to start, too, so I don't look so bad. He has it under control now.

My other biking nephew left me a message on the machine to find when I got back from visiting my friend Sunday. When I called him back he told me he had ridden the hour or so down to my place only to find me gone. But he had come to chase me out for a ride. Bless his round wheels!

If they keep this up I will have to give them better nicks and start calling them friends.... I think I had to do the first ride of the year alone but it's nice to know I won't have to always ride that way if I don't feel like it. They both have given me standing invites to visit and ride. What a nice next gen we have coming along.

You ride, guys!

And my #1 Son called just to see how I was doing. I have a great bunch of next gen men coming up. Right now I wish one of them was a plumber....

I was woken up by the sound of something grinding and growling about four a.m. I grumble to the mate that the basement is his domain while I find my robe and mocs and then remember to get the flashlight.

The far sump was stuck running when it was empty. I jiggled the float and it shut off. I run the flash light around and realize the hose is draining right back into the sump and that the other sump line is leaking. I so needed something else to take my mind off things...

I went back upstairs and had a smoke then went back to bed. I added plumber to the list of contractors I need to call this morning.

I guess I better list the bike on some sites today.....I have to quit stalling.

Comments: 1 Comments:
At 15/3/06 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love spring.. but every year it seems I have sump pump troubles. Hopefully this year will be different.. still too cold to tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home