1/26/2006

Till We Meet Again

I tried to post this last night but Blogger would not take it. I am sorry for the delay.

Yesterday was the last day I had the privlege and joy of being married to a man who loved strongly and well, knew the meaning of honor, was patriotic enough to spend eight years defending his country, loved his children, his step children, his grand children, his dog, his cat, his motorcycle and family and friends but still had enough love to give me that my life was completely transformed.

I have often said on here things like go for it, do it NOW, remember to appreciate your loved ones and I have tried to live it. I have only one regret - that he is not still here with all of us that loved him. He knows he was loved, that he was appreciated and that I was one hundred percent his woman. I really am not sure what life will be like without him.

The mate has once again, gone ahead of me to see where the trail is leading, he knows the answers to the mystery of life and death and afterlife that plagues us all. He's going to love exploring the new existance.

I am keeping the home fires burning and wishing he were still here but I can't grudge him the peace of knowing that his jobs here are done and it's time to relax and enjoy.

The blog will continue when I have time. Probably to keep me going it will have to continue. Now I have no one to share the sightings of black swans and big hawks, eagles, monster bucks and little ducks with at home I will share them here.

Below are some quotes from the blogs and some links to a few of the thoughts I have had on the mate. It's not the tribute he deserves but I am a little punchy right now.

Please read of our love and, if you have a lover, cherish them tonight for me. Thank you.

************************************
When the mate and I met up after 14 years of not seeing each other since high school we were not wearing the same bodies we had back then. I had been depressed and lost many pounds, I was the most slender I will ever be and about 30 pounds lighter than high school. He had worked out in the Army, built himself up a weight lifter's bod and then let it slide during the last ten years.

It didn't matter to me. I looked into his hazel eyes and saw the boy I loved inside the man facing me. I didn't need to know anything else about his life to love him. He lost an amazing amount of weight as we courted. It was nice, but it didn't matter.

It took me way too many frogs to find my prince but when I found him I was smart enough to KNOW it was my prince and to work to keep it precious. Same for the mate. He treats me like a queen often enough that I feel treasured by him. I hope he feels the same from the way I treat him.

That's my man and I am his woman. We see the person we love and who loves us, not the bodies containing them. We have a solid, true love.

All I really wanted to say is that you have all the time from now until you die to be happy. If you know how long that is, cool. I have died twice now and I like to think I enjoy each little pleasure as if it were the best gift at the biggest party I ever had. Be happy and content in your own way and bless you.

http://forwardho.blogspot.com/2005/07/true-love.html

http://forwardho.blogspot.com/2005/03/cloud-9.html

the anniversary http://forwardho.blogspot.com/2005/09/it-had-to-be-you.html

http://forwardho.blogspot.com/2005/06/not-always-perfect.html

http://forwardho.blogspot.com/2005/08/i-dont-want-pickle.html

http://forwardho.blogspot.com/2005/11/hes-largehes-myyyinneehes-large.html

Comments: 9 Comments:
At 26/1/06 11:08 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Oh my, what an absolute shock! I don't know what to say, but I wish you strength and as much peace as possible ... and more.

 
At 26/1/06 12:41 PM, Blogger ell said...

You had a special relationship that will last forever in your heart. There's not much more to say because you've, so eloquently, said it yourself. I send my sincere condolences.

 
At 26/1/06 12:51 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I am so very sorry, honey. I wish there was something I could do. I don't know the circumstances, but I know the pain will be there. If there is anything that I can do, anything at all, please drop me a note in my blog. You're in my prayers.

 
At 26/1/06 2:36 PM, Blogger Annake said...

Valerie, please accept my sincerest condolences. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 26/1/06 6:02 PM, Blogger dan said...

Much love from everywhere Valerie.

You are a brilliant and lovable woman. And you know how much of that has to do with the joy the mate brought you.

My heart is bleeding for you. But I will cherish someone tonight.

Take care.

 
At 26/1/06 6:04 PM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Oh. My. God. Hugging you because I don't know what else to say. I'm so sorry.

 
At 27/1/06 6:45 AM, Blogger Shirl said...

{{{hugs}}}

 
At 27/1/06 11:16 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

They let me know you care and it does mean a lot to me.

We will have the memorial service on Sunday. The cremation will be Monday.

Somewhere after that I will try to get a word here for the man I love.

 
At 28/1/06 10:03 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Val, please accept my condolences. Thank you for the links so I can read about this special man.

You're in my prayers. God Bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home