8/05/2005

I don't want a pickle!

First Happy Thought - The mate loves me! Second Happy thought of the day! It's FRIDAY! Third HTOTD - The humidity dropped!

So why would I not be happy? My brakes went out on the GL1000 last night on my way home. This is not happy making! Mate, who loves me, says he needs to rebuild the rear master cylinder. That means money. Again. I hate that!

So now, after finding all the parts to make baby nice for me I have to figure out if I should sell her off for parts and find another bike or invest in her.

She's old. Twenty seven years old. BUT - she only has 18,000 miles on her. She sat too long without being ridden. Her gaskets are gritty and her hoses are hoary. She already needs a 'stator this winter, more money. And she could use a paint job. That's fun to think about. Was considering green camo for fun to match the bungie cords the mate got me. Or really RED! Or black to match his bike. Or silver and black again with white mother of pearl pin striping. Maybe really dark green heavy metallic with the silloette in black MOP...or sell her. Bummer.

I hate to think about looking for another bike. I'm too fussy. And with a dislocated tail bone it's hard to find a ride with a comfy tour seat to give me the cushion I need that I can still reach the ground on. And it takes money.....

So I have been having a bit of a humbug today because I realized that, while I can nurse a carping charging system by carrying jumper cables, I can't nurse the brakes. Flintstone-ing doesn't work at 65 mph. So riding is all done for me this year. That is not a happy thought. Nope. Down right crappy thought, now that I think about it. But that rhymes with happy thought. And the mate loves me. So I feel a little better now. :) (welcome to the inside of my head!)

This is the first year I have really been able to ride since 2001 because of the arthritis and such...I was obviously having too much fun and the grumpy gods, jealous of a groovy girl going great guns, jinxed my ride.

I don't want a pickle!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 6/8/05 2:37 PM, Blogger Fred said...

What the heck is that comment all about? (Stangely enough, I watched Dark Shadows as a kid.)

I feel your pain. No one wants a pickle. If only we all had more money.

 
At 7/8/05 11:45 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I deleted the ad hog comment, I watched dark shadows, also but it doesn't go here.

HI SANTA!

Good news, Fred, better than a pickle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home