7/11/2008

I wanna go home

I didn't spend the night in Detroit City, that's the good news. :) Hates big cities. I spent most of the night finally burning CD's. My burner is out in my computer so the boss let me take the work machine home and I'm getting the guys some working material. By hearing how they sound they can work up tighter and cleaner. Also we need a demo CD they can each tote around with them to look for gigs. That should get done Sunday, I hope. I have to cut clips for it yet....I'm beat.

It's not physical labor but it keeps me tied to a chair and thinking all the time. My brain is just tired. I finally got to bed about 2:15 this morning. I have to stop crammin' two days into one....

And my house is a disaster area. It's not cluttered and confused so much as dusty, dog haired and neglected looking. The Best Girl is going to mow for me again and bring Grand2 along to whack weeds. I had a lady over to get paving stones and those are out of the way now so I can mow closer to the shrubs, but all shrubs need trimming, too.

I'm coming to the conclusion that if I want to sell the place it should look like someone loves it...oh- that would be me. I gotta make time for chores this week.

It won't be this weekend. I'm heading north for rehersal tonight after work. Due to gas costs I will probably stay over and go to the rodeo from there tomorrow. Sunday is band rehersal and I want to have CD's to hand them so the a.m. will be spent making those. The afternoon will be cook, record and clean up and THEN head for home to do laundry, get stuff ready for work and burn the rehersal CD's so they can hear them.

That makes it Monday, by my math, before I will have time to get after the branch that is down and needs to be chain sawed, the trees that need the branches trimmed up so I quit whacking my head on them or the weeds in my herb garden.....

Conflicts. Wanna go out and play. Wanna have a house left worth something when I am done; either to be in or sell, whatever happens next.

MoB's grandson crashed on his bike this week and had surgury yesterday for a badly broken clavical. He appears to be dealing with it well from all reports, but it put a bit of a zing in the week for the whole family. A camping trip bit the dust and MoB went to down to be with the kids while the crash victim and parents went to the hospital.

It's been a rough week over there. Mine was lonely but do-able. I did it. His was very short on work hours and that has him stressed. In Michigan right now any hours are good, but people still need enough to live on and a lot of them don't have it right now. He just sounded discouraged last night on the phone.

I'm looking forward to getting up there and seeing how I can help. May be visiting the kids to see how "Crash" is, maybe Sunday on the way home. I know there will be grilling and music. Gotta get the "rodeo songs" together tonight.

Do I sound confused and busy? Good, then I represented myself well here today! (LOL!)

Later all, hugs to each of you and do it now, love the one you're with and find a smile in your day.

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 11/7/08 1:15 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, here's to a good weekend.

 
At 12/7/08 10:03 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

thanks Anvil!

but it's raining and cloudy...prayin..

 
At 15/7/08 10:58 AM, Blogger Fred said...

I won't say confused, just "random." But, busy would certainly be accurate.

You should attempt to put some of the demos on-line, too. That would help to spread their work to the world. Who knows...that first gig in Paris could be just a few clicks away. :)

 
At 15/7/08 11:29 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hey Fred, if you can get them booked they will go - and the songs are online - see the sidebar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home