11/19/2007

troubles by the score

My granddaughter is still at theHospital today but may go home this afternoon.


She had what they call a febril seziure with a temp 105. It means her temp got so high her body shut her down. She had convulsions and then dropped into a heavy sleep. She scared ten years off her mother.


Temp is now under control but has gone down and up for a couple days, yesterday being the worst. They can find no cause for the fever so have kept her. Tests continue.


Poor little tyke. She was putting up with all the pokes and prods so well! She is probably going to be fine but we have to wait and see what comes next.


My son got the news about his daughter out on the road in Indiana. He made it home safely. It was a hard drive for him. There is a governer on the truck. I met him as he came in and followed him to the hospital. While I watched I saw her heart rate slow and calm as he read her a story. That was neat. Love in action.


I left #1son and DIL there and went to let their dog out for them. I think the ignition went out on my truck as I was going to leave - it would not start. I was thinking I was stuck there. I though life is too interesting again...


I prayed more. #1son decided to come home, found me blocking his driveway. He took me to town and KMA drove me home from there so he could get some sleep. Long day for all of us. More to come. No wheels for now...Just got home. Wanted to update you.


I am sorry the posts have slowed here but I have been writing on other projects. I am busy at work and there may be a new job in the future. I am still reading but leaving comments has been glitchy for some reason. I'm working on it.


Thanks for being here for me. Hugs to you all.

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 19/11/07 8:27 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Poor little beauty! If she has her grandma's stamina, she'll be fine soon.
You and yours are in my thoughts.

 
At 19/11/07 10:08 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I wish the kid the best of luck.

 
At 20/11/07 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about this...tell Son #1 that we are praying for him and his (and you, of course)!

Reb

 
At 20/11/07 8:09 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Love you Reb, thank you Anvil, I know you care, and Jean, you offer such a smile today, thank you.

Thank you all for caring.

 
At 20/11/07 8:13 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

PS Reb - need your email address please per blow up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home