11/05/2007

Alone again, naturallly

I got home on Friday early, grabbed my computer and camera and hit the road. I was meeting a friend one town over for dinner and it was a hot spot so I was going early.

The recent crash reminded me I pay good money for online hosting. I backed up all my docs and pics online. Yay me! Now I just have to remember to update it when I hit the net everytime. No more panic at crashes. I will add email and the address book, too, next time. That is the stuff I hate losing most.

It took awhile even on wifi and I got worried I would be uploading during dinner. No worries, though. My friend is my age and she spaced me out and never showed. I talked to her today and we will try again on Wednesday.

Saturday I got up in a mood the mate used to look and and mumble, "stupid hormones", then get me a coffee, give me a hug and leave me alone until I got over it. I was all miserable for no reason I could point to. I prayed and cried and finally decided I wasn't going to let it have me. I was going to jam session. I grabbed the guitar and left.

The day went up from there. Everyone was glad to see me, that was a treat to my heart. We had a singer I didn't know and she was good! There were two banjo players there and that always gets toes tapping. I was having fun inspite of the cloud that still drifted over me. I did one song and it went well, that always helps, too. Sometimes I just need to sing more than I need to think.

I had a date with the horse guy that I went out with once last year. He and I are friends I think because we both are learning to know God. We talked about a lot of things. It was good to have a man's imput on the word I have been working on learning.

We were just doing dinner down the road a piece and he told me his sis, that I had met at a barbeque, was having family over for cards. I said I might go, I like to play cards. He showed me the game they play. It wasn't hard.

Dinner was good, more conversation, a stop at a store and then to feed the dog at his friend's house and by then I decided I needed the crowd. I think I am alone too much. We went to play cards. It was fun.

But his sis had a spread out that looked like a big party. Really good food, almost all home made, even the lemon merange pie. Wow. They call her the cookie lady. I think I saw at least eight different kinds.

They were all nice people just partying with family and I felt comfortable with them. They joked a lot and I got off one or two that made them laugh. It was good they kept me laughing because I was losing at the card game.

Sunday I had morning to contemplate the universe, read and pray. When Jeanette got up I got dressed to work and took her over to her place. She may be able to call for her final inspection this week. I had dressed to paint.

I got one coat on one small room and part of one on another in the two hours we were there. She was going back today to do some more. The place is looking really good. I don't expect her to be here much longer, maybe a week or two.

I know it will be another change. I know my dog isn't going to like it. She will lose the dog that has been with Jeanette and who became her companion after Buck. I know I will miss my friend but I can't wish to keep her here. She is so thrilled to have her home back after working on it for more than nine months. It's all been done by friends and family and, as she says, by God.

Today at work was slow so I took a moment to catch up here. I couldn't leave comments again but I am still reading you all.

Thanks for stopping by here. I love you all.