10/13/2007

Turn the page -quick!

I have to say the vacation got off to a bit of a rocky start.

I finished loading up and tarping my stuff but was running late to work. The cop that pulled me over took pity on me and it was only ten miles over.....warning. Made it on the dot of the hour to work.

The boss wanted some photos of a new part we built. His wife had the camera. I had mine in the truck for vacation...sure, I will try to get some shots for you. I did, too.

Went for the laptop, also with me, to fix up the photos and it would not boot. Blue screen. Was fine when I packed it.

Had to do a total restore from the "just happen to have packed it" factory disc. Wipe out.

Got out of there and the guy that said he had a place for me to get a topper couldn't raise them. No topper. Went home, not in the plan, to get my discs to reinstall all my programs. Can't find the one for the printer. Oh, boy.

Called a friend to tell them I was heading out and would see them when I got back and hear, "I don't recognize the number...." Whoops on me! Guess I should call more often.

Got on the road finally and headed south and east but not on the right and familiar roads, just on the ones that come up. Maybe too much adventure. Had to call the cousins for the final directions because I was coming in from the oposite way I usually do.

I did manage to get through the Really Big City traffic at rush hour safely. It is easier when everyone waits ninty seconds, pulls ahead two car lengths and then stops.

Got here safe, reported in to all that I had made it and then watched a movie with one cousin while the other went back to work.

Instead of running off ahead today I will be working on the machine to get it back the way it was and see how much of my writing I may have lost. We will leave for Kentucky tonight. I am up early and will have a nap this afternoon.

There is coffee here and good company while I fuss with beating XP back into submission and rebuilding my files. Just wasn't the plan today.

I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting vacation...stay tuned.

I'll be back when I can and I am almost out of Dodge.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 14/10/07 9:30 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

A nightmare. At least you seem to have been fairly well prepared for such an occurrence.

 
At 31/10/07 3:54 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I have been crashing my computer since we upgraded to 4 meg of memory on the 8088...I keep my disks!

I just can't find them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home