10/08/2007

Head em up move em out

Thanks to the caring and wonderful family we have, and some caring friends with strong backs, the #1son and family are in their new home now!

I hate getting up on the weekend but I set the alarm and woke easily Saturday. I swung by to borrow a dolly, I had ropes and tie downs and a tarp in case of rain. The #1Grand had said he would go. I went and picked him up, too. We were even there on time! I had bought a cute "Snoopy" balloon that said, "Welcome Home!" to tie on the mailbox for Mom and everyone to make the almost invisible drive easier to find. It was fun! I like balloons! I like helium, too.

We got rolling with Sis, the BIL, C2son, a friend of Mom's, me and the grand and the #1son and started for the storage unit. It was packed to the roof but the great team work made mincemeat out of it. We just lined up and passed it out, divvied it up to the proper transport, packed and then rolled back to unload. There was coffee and donuts for the break. Sis and BIL rolled home, C1son arrived and then we went for the last load at the storage. From there two vehicles with four men went for a load from the house to fill in the blanks in the truck and car. I had the big stuff in my little truck and went back to the house again.

We started at ten and I left around four but it was mostly done and to the pizza and pop by three. Even the Uncle showed up on the motorcycle to see the new place. What a team! We really are a fine bunch and know how to work together to get things done. If it hadn't been so much work I would have thought we were having fun!

I dropped off the grand and went on home. The heat and humidity were really nailing me so I cranked on the air and took a nap, til morning... I was whipped and I really only drove so wasn't expecting to be so worn out.

I had gone on the body flush to get the stupid pills the dentist gave me out of my system. I was feeling pretty spiffy when I left but I was beat when I got home. The flush seemed to work to get the nasty, doped up feeling gone on day one, I stuck with it for two or three.

Sunday I spent time reading the word and writing of things on my mind. I mowed the lawn, got laundry done, took out the trash, fed and watered everything then read a book and went back to sleep about ten. That is very early for me.

I am looking forward to getting out of Dodge. I spoke to the grand about commuting from my place for a week to watch the dog and stoner cat for me. I just want Jeanette to have back up, the house is getting so close she can hardly stand it. There is paint on walls and doors on rooms and carpet and tile are coming soon. If I can I would have someone here just so the house is covered and she won't have to worry about it.

Thursday I get paid, hit the bank, pay all the bills and Friday, after work, I roll out to the cousins. I am half way there in my head already. Today and four more and I'm free for a week! Maybe more, if miracles occur, or if I get a wild hair and just don't come back. We will just have to see what happens.

That is what keeps you living, you have to care about something and be curious enough to stay and see what happens next.

I have been doing a lot of soaking up the green this week. That is what I call it when the leaves start to turn and I don't want summer to end. I treasure every yard and field, I praise every tree whose leaves are still green. I try to save enough green up in my heart to get me through til spring. I have come to dread the January "black and white and mud" days.

I love skating, or did once, I love sliding, I even loved ice fishing once. I don't fish anymore. I loved big fires cooking iron pots of chili while we roasted hot dogs and drank cocoa and rode the dirt bikes on the ice. I love walking as the snow falls and the beauty of the sunlight on a fresh and deep covering.

What I get so tired of is the half way stuff. The muck and mush and grey and muddy days don't do a thing for me anymore. I can't say for sure, I might start in Kentucky and end up in Arizona, just to be where it is not all gloomy.

So I am sucking up the green as the leaves turn and blessing my favorites, the evergreens. As the season turns again I am saving summer inside of me.

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 8/10/07 4:54 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

"Sucking up the green" is an interesting way to view it and put it.

 
At 8/10/07 9:06 PM, Blogger Cyrus said...

This time of year, I always deeply miss autumn back in Pittsburgh (where I'm from). The first crisp evenings and the fall colors muted by a light fog. It always made me feel centered and clear-headed.

And, I always loved the beginning of winter and the holiday season.

But, man I don't miss the bleakness of January through March. As you put it, the black and white and muddy. It was never the snow that bothered me (that was always beautiful), but the weeks of just cold and mud.

 
At 9/10/07 8:50 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Maybe I should have said "soaking", good point, Anvil...LOL! Whatever, I'm trying to hang on to it.

HI Cyrus! Glad to hear from you!
I am so glad the temps are down now. This was Indian summer week and I have had enough. I am ready for 69/55 again for awhile. I will sleep better

 

Post a Comment

<< Home