9/18/2007

Gotta roll on between the ditches

I went to a bluegrass festival this weekend. My favorite band was The Wright Sisters, http://www.wrightsistersbluegrass.com/ . They were fun, enthusiastic and talented. They not only made great music and had tight harmonies but they loved what they were doing. I would enjoy seeing them again anytime.

I hit the guitar workshop and the slow jam at the festival and met a lot of fun people making fun music. Aside from the low temps at night it was a great time.

I got to visit with my cousins and the Uncle that live over there. We jammed on the guitars a little and talked. They are doing ok. They lost their mom last year and it hit them pretty hard.

Jeanette is expecting her drywall to arrive tomorrow. Things are finally shaping up at her home. In spite of all the troubles in the family this year they are all still pulling together. I am tickled for her and looking forward to the first Thanksgiving there. She may be in by the end of October if things keep moving along well. I am so glad for her. She is ready to go home, big time!

#1Son and DIL are closing on their new home Friday with a pretty much "move right in" time frame so they are very excited. I love the area they are in and it's about half way to everyone in both families. I can't wait to see it!

The blessing is that all my kids have their own places now. Life is always uncertain but they have all got good starts to build on for now. I am so glad for them all. Scoooter Girl and her man got their place this summer. The boy is the last to land but he has pulled it off himself, with his loving wife working with him. I am proud and pleased for them all.

The Mom is up to her usual, she brought in another stray. He will be at bible study tonight and I will get to know him a little better. He seems like a nice guy, just another "no work in Michigan" hard luck story that needs a boost to get back on his feet. We can help with that. Jeanette is putting him to work in his profession, painting, as soon as she can get the board finished. Team work and caring about each other gets us by.

I will be getting the white truck back, I am trading the car for it. The #1Grand gets an automatic and I get back my stick. I lose the trunk room but I gain the security I feel being able to load and haul or tow whatever comes to me.

The summer is closing with no rides on the bike with anyone. I rode, but I rode solo. The boy will be taking it with him when he moves. I will find another bike to ride in the spring, I hope. By then I should have some idea of which way my life is going to go financially.

I am heading for Kentucky in October with Rebel and, maybe, Rustryder, if he can get off work. I will vacation with them for a week or so on their place down there. I plan to wander around behind the little animals in the 100 acre woods and see if I find anything to stop me from moving south or to encourage me to go there. I have always wanted to live in Tennessee. I am thinking about it some.

Life keeps me moving forward to see what happens next.

Comments: 8 Comments:
At 19/9/07 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give you a wave as you're passing through Northern Kentucky! :-D

 
At 19/9/07 2:18 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks ananke! I may even slow down as I go by.

 
At 19/9/07 6:59 PM, Blogger Cyrus said...

I visited Tennessee for the first time last year, and we'll be there next month. I can see why you'd be thinking about it. It really is bee-you-tee-full country.

 
At 19/9/07 7:10 PM, Blogger Jean said...

You sound wonderful!
Hope you enjoy your trip (no doubt you will)... ride safe!

 
At 20/9/07 8:58 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hey Cyrus, that is when I will be in KY! Just miles from the border.

Could be a party coming on!

Jean, I live, therefore I love. I love, so I am ok.

It ain't always sunny here, the dark draws at me, but I walk through it and come out into the light of love again.

 
At 20/9/07 9:20 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

It's wonderful to see your kids prospering, isn't it? I both look forward to, and dread, mine leaving the nest.

 
At 20/9/07 9:57 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hey Saur! Nice to hear from you again.

The kids have been flown for years. I have to say the mate and I loved them still and missed their hands and voices but the privacy and increased intimacy was a joy to us both.

I just like to see them smiling and loving, the rest is gravy.

 
At 25/9/07 5:43 PM, Blogger Debra said...

I do love reading about your life and I really enjoyed this post as well as your later ones, too. Thanks so much for sharing your life with us... Blessings, Debra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home