10/04/2007

Keep them doggies moving - Rawhide!

I'm going home to mow the lawn tonight. I have been putting it off as we had such a drought that I wanted to let the grass set some seed. Last night I stopped at the vet to get pills for the dog's alergy to fleas. I stopped to see a friend but she wasn't at home so I ran up the road and went to pick up gas for the mower, put some in the truck and then headed home.

I was feeling kind of loggy still because I had a tooth pulled the day before and had to take a bunch of nasty pills, antibiotics, before they would take it out and I took some pain pills after. I haven't been taking pills anymore, much; An asprin once in a while, maybe a sinus pill if my breathing is really blocked by an allergy flare up. I don't like taking them so I don't. I read for a bit then went to bed early, for me, last night.

This weekend I will be helping the #1Son and DIL move into their new home. It is so perfect for them, I loved the place when I saw it. Some other family and friends will be coming to give a had, too. I am so tickled for them. It is really a dream come true. Now all the kids are in homes of their own and I know where to find them all. Mom is doing well, too. It got me thinking and they will all tell you how danger filled that is.

Just a few of the daily things we all do to keep the home and family running smoothly, nothing earth shattering in my days recently. I have kept it going here and - with a little help from my friends and family - I will for a while yet. It is where I was loved and I feel safe but it's time to move on for me.

The place I live and things I have done for years, by habit, I have continued to try and do like we always did. This trail was cut for two and it's going to have to change. I can't keep up alone what we did together and I can't quite swing the budget. The place and the budget are just too big for me. It needs a family to keep it up and a family to use it all.

I have to find a trail for me to walk, one that is just my size. For starters I am going south to have a look around. The vacation with the cousins will let me see the possibilities down there. I have always wanted to go back to Tennesse. It looks like I will be moving that way in the very near future. There are many possibilities and I am finally ready to start exploring them and find one that is right for me.

I will be taking my own truck down. I swapped the car for it last week. The #1Grand gets an automatic and I have my trusted stick shift. That lets me wander around some there without imposing on the cousins to run me to places I want to see. I am looking forward to the new country, the mountains and the new people I may meet.

If things get thin here you will know I am getting ready to take off and go. I will only be gone a week or so unless I hit the lotto. When I get back I will be putting the house on the market as soon as Jeanette moves into hers. I have two rooms to paint and the whole thing to clean but I have made the decision, that is the way it's going to be done.

I only owe on the mortgage and a little on a credit card. If it sells in this market I will know it was meant to be. I will cover all my debts and then I am free to roam or settle down to a new job and a new place and keep learning to ride solo.

I will be getting a new bike in the spring, at least, that is the plan. I will be cutting what I own to the bone and keeping just what I have to have for my daily joys. The list is pretty small.

So that is where my head is at. It's just time to move along and see more of what comes next. Nothing changes until something moves, what is moving is me. We will have to wait and see what that changes.

Forward Ho! (again) I will keep you posted when I can.

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 6/10/07 7:12 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Have a good trip and good luck with the rest.

 
At 8/10/07 8:48 AM, Blogger Jean said...

A new chapter beginning.
Wishing the best for you!

 
At 8/10/07 12:33 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you both!

I am going for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home