9/06/2007

walk this way, talk this way

Did you ever do something that seemed to make absolutely no sense only to find out that it was exactly what was needed later? I always get weirded out when something like that happens.

You stay at a yard sale, done looking, but not leaving yet and don't know why then a minute later some long lost friend turns up to greet you. Maybe you decide to say hang it all to the chores and take the kids to the park then pull a boy out of the river and drive him safely home to his family, minus fishing pole, but alive and well. (I did that one, too)

I left my house once after putting a pair of full sized sissors in my purse that I walked by, looked at, picked up, thought "Take them with you.", decided "OK, why not?" and went on my way.

Walking the side of a road, later that day, I met a birthday boy that had his new jeans wound up in the gears of his new 10 speed bicycle. He had fallen, managed to get him and the bike up, but was hopping on one foot and then pushing the bike ahead.

I cut him lose with minimal damage to the jeans, reset the chain and sent him on his way. Let's just say that one freaked us both out. Me, that I had the right tool, him that he met me in the middle of nowhere and I helped.

You can't know when you get the urge to go out of your way or change your plans why the idea came to you. You either do it or you don't. Knowing why may never happen. That you did it is a form of faith, I think. You trust the urges you feel, even when they seem strange.

Call it ESP or the voice of God, the results are the same. You did something "for no real reason" and then may see later it met a need.

So if you meet me somewhere and I am carrying a few leaves of burdock, don't bother to ask me why. I will tell you I felt like picking them and that I know they are good for burns, but I don't know why I did it. Just smile as you go on your way and know I am out here trying to help in what ever way I feel lead.

Comments: 6 Comments:
At 6/9/07 4:37 PM, Blogger Sean said...

pretty darned cool how life works out sometimes.

 
At 6/9/07 6:30 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, who can figure it all out anyhoo.

 
At 6/9/07 8:10 PM, Blogger M@ said...

Please don't buy a gun. You'll find a use for that, too.

 
At 7/9/07 10:08 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hello Sean, thank you for visiting!
M@, too!

and Anvil, my long time friend here, good to see you!

I love the mysteries in life, where did you two new ones come from?

 
At 8/9/07 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to think that when something like that happens it's your guardian angel or spirit guide or whatever you want to call it talking to you. Most people just don't listen. Glad you're one of them that does! :-D

 
At 9/9/07 3:19 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I believe we hear with our spirit, too, Ananke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home