1/09/2007

Jan 9 - Will you still love me tomorrow?

I always wanted a t-shirt that said, "No Comment" because I got cross eyed trying to read all the shirts at a party once. Still, there are some you just have to have. One I saw said, "Lord, walk with me today with one hand over my shoulder and one hand over my mouth."

I have been doing so well trying to say positive and loving things and I think, while Mr. Plumber was here, that I said some complaining, whiny things that were less than kind and he over heard them. I hurt his feelings and he did a good job here. I feel like a heel.

I think the second commandment would have simplified life if it was "Do no harm". Hurt feelings are just as bad, if not worse, than a stubbed toe or a bashed thumb.

Everyone just likes to be liked. We all want to be loved but most of us will settle for like from most people. We like to be proud of the job we do. Our reputation is our business for many of us. I do not want the plumber to think I was unhappy with the job he did.

I said he talked a lot. I said he was a little slow moving but did a good job. I said he was expensive. Now, those things are true, to a point. It was the way I said them that would have hurt his feelings.

When he gave me the bill it was for less time than he was here and the part. Now this guy bills from the time he leaves his driveway. With the price of gas I can understand that. But he said, "I don't charge for talk time." as he gave it to me and I knew I had screwed up again.

I put negatives into the system. Now I have to try and fix it. If you don't screw up you don't have to waste time fixing things. I will write him a note tomorrow.

I will say positive and happy things or I will keep my mouth SHUT! I really will.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 12/1/07 9:10 PM, Blogger Kira said...

I need that t-shirt. It applies to me too. I just...tend to spill out exactly what I'm thinking, and I don't even mean it as bad as it sounds half the time! Sigh. I just read the t-shirt to Alex, and he laughed...too much. Yup. He knows me well enough to realize that fits me too!

 
At 13/1/07 5:46 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

LOL, ty Kira. I am glad to know I sent a smile out today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home