1/03/2007

Jan 3 - Lay a little loving on me

"Lay it on me, man." I learned to say that instead of "tell me about it" so I would sound less hick like when I was traveling at 15. "He laid it on me," meant someone gave me something.

If I give someone something they need my life is made easier. I know this is true as I have been giving things away since March. It lifts my spirit to fill a need for someone I care for and I don't have to take care of the thing I got rid of any longer. They lightened my load and I lightened their load. That lifts my spirit. That lifts their spirit. It's a positive circle of loving and giving.

There can be no giver if there is no receiver. Someone has to be in need so others can show their love by giving. When you are in need of comfort, a chair, food, whatever, remember that you have to ask to receive and don't be ashamed to ask. It's just your turn to be in need so someone else can show their love by giving.

Each person we help that goes on to help others sends our love into the future. So invest in the future, be kind to someone today, give a friend a hand, give a stranger a hand and if some one gives you a helping hand remember to pass it on. (More on this was covered here.)

Do I have a need today? Can I fill a need for someone today?

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 10/1/07 11:18 AM, Blogger Jane said...

I agree that giving and receiving are all part of the circle. What goes around, comes around. Happy New Year to you!

 
At 10/1/07 3:03 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hey Jane, thanks for being here to share it with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home