11/18/2006

What's the matter now?

Tuesday and Wednesday caught me by surprise with grieving again. It was the night before and opening day of deer season here. We would normally have been laying out the snow suits, camo, guns and such to be ready for an early start. I don't need a whole deer for meat right now so I am not hunting but drooling at the nephews to get my venison. It usually gets me at least a steak or two or some tenderloin.

I hadn't realized the day myself but my heart must have know because I was dark and sad and teary all day. When I finally figured it out I called a friend and talked with her for awhile. It helped and I got on with the house. I have been fine tuning the downstairs as the nephew is sleeping right where I want to paint next. I don't want to fume him out.

I got through opening day by running him around and doing errands. One of them took us to our old hunting spot and that was hard but the kid needed his stuff so I dealt with it. We hauled a tool chest back in the little truck and I took time to hit an estate sale. That was fun, friends of mine were running it. I got the boy a book and just a couple things for the house. I passed up a ton of neat stuff.

Today is Saturday, I am meeting mom for breakfast and perhaps The Kid and Best Girl will join us along with B1son who will ride in with me. Then it's back to work on house. Tomorrow I hope to start the upstairs. Today will be closet, floor final touches and move books on to nice new book shelf the boy built for me yesterday. Well, I helped but he cut the boards for me. Then I have to move pictures around and such. Fussy stuff.

I will try to get something more interesting up soon. Just so busy right now I don't know how I ever went to work.

Comments: 7 Comments:
At 19/11/06 8:36 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Yep, it can sneak up once in a while... we forget all the memories we have from so many years, and suddenly something triggers a flash from the past. Can knock us for a loop.

 
At 20/11/06 10:21 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

That's the truth. I was sorry to hear about Corky, Jean. Hang in there.

 
At 20/11/06 7:37 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Hi Val, I just wanted to stop in and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Have a great holiday.

 
At 21/11/06 3:26 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Fred, you are sweet to me!

 
At 21/11/06 5:42 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Hang in there, honey, and if I don't speak to you any sooner, Have a Happy Thanksgiving! And don't be too hard on yourself. One day, one minute at a time.

 
At 23/11/06 11:38 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

 
At 23/11/06 11:28 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Jean and Saur!

Back at you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home