11/25/2006

These are a few of my favorite things.

My house is lovely. There are dishes in the sink, but only a few, and the living room is livable, the dining room is tidy, the kitchen mostly efficently arranged and all of it mostly clean.

It's not that I don't have plenty to write about, it's that I have no time to write. We really have been working on the upstairs. I have Grand1 here, his friend, The Wanderer to pick up later and we will go visit the Sis and family for a while.

The nephew, B1son is due back today or tomorrow, too. And I am hoping the cousins, Reb and Rusty will come around soon to see the house and spend a night (hint to Reb) (ok, dropping house on Reb :) ). I need to start getting over to the Mom's and doing some chores for her. I want to visit some of my friends while I am laid off. My littlest sis has had trouble with a knee she had surgury on to the point of being in the hospital again. I want to go visit her. I guess I have a hatchet to bury there, maybe. I have a courtesy aunt that is in a home I want to see. My real aunt is loaded with trouble and I want to visit her and a cousin.

Want want want, must must do, well doo doo I say! I have to get the house down to where I can finish up myself in little bits of time and spend more doing what I want. I might have to start thinking about a way to make a living, too. Something that helps others but pays the bills is what I am contemplating. You never can tell what I might think up.

In the mean time I have been putting together my view of the entire of creation and how we each affect it. I want to post that but it needs a little more thought as I have discovered I am not the only one who thinks it might work the way I see it. As hard as I have struggled to frame the thoughts I have had on it I have to say it was a little daunting to find others have said the same things better than I can. So I will be studying on it some more before I try to express it here.

I am mailing a package to the Eldest Daughter today and to my friend in San Diego. That will be fun to contemplate until they get them.

The bluejays are hogging the feeder right now and a red bellied woodpecker is enjoying the suet. A few sparrows are lining up for a turn when the jays leave. The sun is mostly up but still pushing the red and pink out of the way. I hear a shot down the road where a late hunter is trying to get his deer. It's so quiet here I can hear the battery clock ticking. I love that.

My herbs call me to trim and thin them. The zinnia's need to be pulled and the seeds saved for next year. The morning glory vines need to be hacked down and the evergreens trimmed by the house. I should chainsaw down the bushes in front of the house, too. I want them shorter, they cover the windows and block the way to the front door almost but are so old I hate to take them out and start new ones.

I have been cooped up doing the house for the last of the good "do the yard" weather and I feel badly about that. Yesterday the Grand1 and I went shopping for trim for the hall and small trash bags. We came home with a trim I don't like but will work, some drawing tools for him, some wax paper I decided I needed, a Sudoko electronic game and new throws for the ones I didn't like in the living room. We got most of it at the second hand store. I forgot the trash bags. Now I have a big green blanket to wash and give away to the family we are working with. Sis brought another box of clothes, too, I should run over there.

I want to put "number 10" back on the bed. I have always been so cold at night I could sleep in a heated water bed and still, hours later, wake the mate with my feet if they touched him. He got me a heated mattress pad that solved most of the problem and my heart stent solved the rest of it. I loved it. He set his side to three just to warm the sheet and I set my side to ten, thus, "number 10".

Right after I came around from the surgury and he came in to see me I'm like, "Feel my feet!". He thought I was still druggy so I threw in a glare and said, "No - REALLY - feel my feet!" He looked at me sideways but went to the end of the bed, pulled up the blanket and felt my feet. They were WARM! When he wrapped his big hand around one he looked at me in surprise and said, "WOW! they're WARM!" I smiled at him and said, "Yeah, who woulda thought?"

The heart must have been not working right for years. Once circulation was restored I had heat to my hands and feet again. There is a test they can do for checking circulation and blockages to your heart. They can schedule a stent insertion. You can skip the big heart attack and the damage it does to your heart if you catch this stuff. I always tell my friends that are cold that they should get those tests done. Feet are supposed to be warm.

Anyway, it's time for the heated pad to go back on the bed, especially since the mate, who was a living space heater, is not there. While I still have the circulation I am cheap with the propane. I try to heat where I am, not the whole house.

I still have the mate's pool room to go through and clean and the attic to sort where we stored our stuff we weren't using. That's going to be hard. There is a lot of his up there I have to sort out and live through the memories of. I am not expecting it to be fun. I have to paper the one wall to the upstairs and put the trim up then paint the steps. When those things are done there is the back porch to clear off and paint, the yard chair set to paint and bring in and then it's really done.

I am almost there so I am hoping I can get to some of the want to's on my list soon. I have to figure out what I am doing for the holiday gifting season, too. I think this year I am going back to hand made stuff. Scarves for the boys and earrings for the girls maybe. We'll just have to wait and see.

I fell asleep in my chair last night and slept till five thirty this morning. I have been a little stuffy and coughing. I just realized my gland is sore and tender under my ear again. I guess I have that crummy cold coming back or something.

I have to wake the grand and feed him and then we will go run around. The Wanderer, who stayed here with him early this summer, was hit on his dirt bike by a car a couple months ago. He is just starting to get around again. It slowed him down considerable but he has stayed up with his school work and is doing pretty good. Ya gotta love those young bones!

Thanks to all of you who didn't give up on me while I was not writing. I appreciate all the comments you leave. Hugs to all of you out there and may your day be fun and full of love!

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 26/11/06 12:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I can relate to having less time to blog. It only gets harder around the holiday season. We're still here for you when you check in!:)

 
At 26/11/06 1:46 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Add me to the list too!...hugs.

 
At 27/11/06 9:55 AM, Blogger Jane said...

Loved this post. I can relate to the transition of finding yourself again after finding yourself alone again. A million "to do's", reorganization of the house, and just generally charting out new plans and paths for yourself. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 
At 28/11/06 11:09 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

You are all on my list. I not only don't have time to blog but I am behind on reading! I hate that!

Hugs to you all and I will get back with us soon.

 
At 4/12/06 5:20 PM, Blogger Fred said...

How could we ever give up on you, Val? I'm also blogging much less than I used to. I seem to only post every other week or so, and visiting everyone has taken a back seat to other priorities. Sigh.

You've been a busy woman. That's a good thing, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home