9/21/2006

and soon I'll hear

Listening. Listen. I don't do enough of it. I'm still working on it. When you do listen you can learn a lot about someone. Hearing what they don't say is harder but I am actually better at that sometimes than at regular listening.

I was trying to think up something to get my girl for a sort of sympathy gift. I didn't want a card, there are few good ones out there and I was too tender to try and make one. They just get thrown away anyhow so I tend to avoid them. I wanted something that would maybe really help her feel better over the days ahead. For me, the best thing I can do is keep busy. I figure it's not bad for anyone as a distraction. I wanted something cheering.

That got me thinking about presents. But I so have to hurry today you are going to have to wait for the rest of this, I am just ramming at work and I need to get home to the cat and see how he is doing, I think he is....but I just ran out of time to write.