9/08/2006

Ball of confusion

I am so impressed by the memorials I have read to the victims of 9-11. The bloggers have made these people real in a way the newspapers could not. It hurts the mind and the heart to try to multiply the effect the loss of one man in our lives by the loss of 2,996 people must have on the world. It is too much grief and I hope this memorial effort lets the families know we do remember. We will remember.

I had a neighbor girl volunteer to give me a hand a couple hours a night with rippping out the house. She gets money, I get a companion. Fair trade.

Wednesday I stopped by the hardware again. They let me buy all that stuff to paint with and no spackle! In the back room they have a few antiques his wife sold. I ended up talking myself into a little desk. I don't think it's very old but it's kind of cool.

It's about 26" x 16" x 5" deep with a fake drawer front affect and is stained walnut. The legs are classic spindle. The center of the top is hinged underneath. You lift the front and it folds back, the fake drawer front folds down on top of it and a simple board pulls out for your work surface. I think the laptop will drop right in and, when it's not in use, it will be dust covered. The cords will drop out the back neatly to the printer and speakers.

If I put a row of books along the back the top will lay right up against them when I am working.
Or it might go in the dining room and be the phone table with all the pads and books tucked under neatly. Decisions, decisions!

After that I was hungry and trying to avoid the house so I took myself out for dinner. That wasted about an hour. I got home about seven, unloaded the car, fed the animals and then started staring at the house. Geeze I have a lot of junk! It has so got to go! Where stuff has gone there are clean spots on the walls that make me crazy. I still have to pick a wall paper and I am going to make my flooring guy nuts as I am changing my pattern on the linoleum.

With all the carpet going out except that in the living room I need a nice big soft broom and can get rid of one of the vacuumes I own. That will be nice. I am looking for two matching mirrors but in two different shapes for the dining area and the big wall out there will get all the family photos on it, if I can find them, if I can find the frames, if I get time...

With all this going on I have a customer with a website down. I am waiting on an email with the details from the server to see what is going on. I so like the new server better! I am going to move all my people there. I have two pages to build for the inlaid wood boxes site, too. And an update on the horses for sale, and the ponies page...Argggg! And the ebay stuff! With no time to sit if I am going to get the house done by winter...I need four arms, I think.

Thursday I was going home like a good girl and spotted a low rider on the side of the road that was grey with a gray and silver paint job. I u-turned (no, not legal here, but no one was looking) and checked it out. It's been down at least once, needs a back tire, but is a '94 Honda Shadow 600 with under 20,000 miles on it in my price range. Freak out! No one was HOME!

I memorized the number and raced home to meet my helper. When she got there we fed the dogs, did dishes and I started pulling books I don't need to keep, then went after the walls in the kitchen. Shelves of mini stuff came down and she is claiming all that does not have homes. We are going to throw it all in the garage, she will prep and run a yard sale for and 80/20 split. Cool! I don't want to take time for a sale, myself. That works by me.

Finally my phone call got through to the number I had been redialing since I got in the door. I arranged to meet the guy, grabbed my coat and helmet, stomped into my boots, (note get new boots, nails are hurting feet) took my new helper and went back to Little Town to check out the scoot. We made it in good time.

I chatted with the guy, arranged a ride plan, he turned it on, touched the button and it started right up. I took it out and around enough corners and curves to get a feel for it. The controls are different than what I am used to so it was a little clumbsy. I decided the back tire should be replaced, the brakes need pads, the clutch needs adjustment and maybe some work, it slipped a little, it's loud, and the steering stem bearings have a flat spot on them. All regular wear and tear for the milage, but it will cost to fix it. It was a little smaller than I wanted, too. I like a 750cc. But old ladies will only get older. It was easy to push around.

I drove it up to the garage for the night when I got back and told the guy what I thought then fleeced it. If he puts it out all weekend and no one gives him his price for it I will buy it Monday for a good cut in what he is asking for cash. If it is stil there. I think he can get what he is asking if the right person spots the bike. Then I can keep looking. Otherwise it's mine. Bad me!

But I have decided to get off one of the trucks. I am still tossing coins on which but I will probably keep the white one. The Chevy Tracker is worth more to sell. It cuts down my insurance costs, too. That will cover the bike.

We went back home and I dropped her off. When I walked in and all that stuff was off the walls and waiting for boxes it felt all wrong again. I did my net stuff, teased the eldest about the gift I have sent her by chat, wound up and went to bed. I woke at ten minutes to be at work and got there at ten minutes after be at work. Speedy me!

Tonight I will stop to get some stuff in town, boxes and such, groceries, gas, smokes and bird, dog and cat food. The usual. It gets me home late. I am going to change and go find some music I think, after I put it all away. I need some tunes.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Later!