9/13/2006

The falling leaves of red and gold

Mom and I went to get the white truck through the falling rain yesterday. The leaves are starting to turn and clog up my new gutters. I didn't want summer to be over even though I love the fall season, I just feel like I didn't get much summer fun in. No fishing, no swimming except once in the neighbors pool and only a couple long rides that were shortened. It drives like crap and I have to take it in for some more front end work but those guys took so long I am looking for somewhere else to have it worked on.

I got all cranky driving it home, made at Jones for driving it after it broke, mad and the mate for not being here to take it in and have them do it right because he is a man, wondering if I should sell them both and get something all together smaller or just drive them both into the dirt like I usually do but I'm used to having properly running vehicles now and spoiled and they both have their little quirks.....just annoyed at even having to deal with it. Then it needed gas so I got to the house after everyone else was there and waiting. They didn't know where to find the key.

We had a mis-communication on the Bible study. Last week no one brought dinner so we had toast and coffee, this week we all had something different! Chortle. Was nice dinner. Dogs were very happy about leftovers.

The study was good. We got some real insights, I think. One place it says something like if you sin you are the slave of sin and it was pointed out that if you, for instance, stole a candy bar at the store you have to find a place to eat it without being seen, get rid of the evidence and tehn eat your dinner like you are still hungry. So you sneak around, over eat, maybe even get the old belly ache and all because you did something dishonest. Your actions were dictated by the dishonesty. So you were a "slave to the sin"

When you lie you have to remember who you said it to and about what. If you tell a second lie, you have more to remember. Even the words you speak after that have to be considered before you open your mouth so you don't tell the wrong thing to the wrong person. It puts a limit on what you can say to whom. And you did it to yourself! I just wanted to share that. I never thought about it quite in that way before.

I used to have a hissy fit because the mate wouldn't even let me drown one ol' worm without a fishing liscense, ride a mile with out my ID in my pocket, or sit even on private land if I was loaded to hunt without a tag, even if I was just going to watch and "just keep an extra gun handy". Wives used to get to hunt and fish on a mate's tags. I hate having to buy one for me when we only take one deer a year. Same with fish, neither of us wants to clean them and we had to fish for food as kids, why do we both have to get a liscense for the same household? All 6 fish we might catch a year would cost 40 bucks. I buy frozen.

But we never had to hit the bushes when the game warden came around or flinch when the cops pulled us over. We were so legal it was hard to maintain that "biker outlaw" rep he liked so well. We were never haunted by the threat of jail or even just the hassle of showing the ID to cash a check. It was all above board, clean as a whistle. It gave us a "no worries, mate" life. I maintain that now, too. Less stress.

Kids think they can get away with stuff and then learn the hard way that most of the time they can't. If we could explain this to them young they might understand the concept and skip the experience. Maybe. Right actions create less stress, bring rewards, not trouble and let you sleep soundly each night. Wrong actions don't. Worry, fret and problems. Anyway, it's just the way I saw it. I wish I was better at right actions in my youth.

I rode home with mom to get the red truck I had left at her place after we got done. It was still raining and now it was foggy. My head lights are adjusted wrong. I have to take the darn thing back and have it done again. I got cranky all over so I went home and went to bed just to get to the end of the day.

Today has been better.

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 13/9/06 3:46 PM, Blogger boneman said...

Dunno 'bout that, gal.
I kind'a felt that we were "slaves t'sin" because we can never escape it. We'll always be sinners.
Jesus, well, he came around t'free us from it all.

Y'just think hard on the CREATOR, and do unto others as you would have'm do unto you, and yer free.

Well, until the next time yer truck breaks down, and y'cuss it or kick it, but, then, after a bit, y'relax, let the BIG GUY into yer heart again, and be nice.

'Course, it's easy t'say this now, at the computer seat...
Last Monday I'de like t'have taken a couple of jerks t'task fer their bad driving and all.
Pist as all get out, I was. Hollerin and screamin' obscenities at'em.
And, what with one of our ministers in the car with me, well....
dang.
Had t'come clean real fast, y'know?
Admityted t'bein' short tempered where some drivers were at me.

Hopefully, after gettin' up to Heaven (hopefully) ol' Jesus will have a good stern look at me, bring over the other drivers, and we'll all have a lil wine and a laugh.

Hopefully.

 
At 13/9/06 10:28 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

A pretty good exegesis I'd say.

 
At 14/9/06 10:47 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hello boneman and welcome.

exegesis n. , pl. -ses.extracting what is in the text the way it was written. Finding the true meaning and explain the passages of scripture from their context. Critical explanation or analysis, especially of a text.

See what you made me do, Anvil! Love learning a new word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home