9/12/2006

The falling leaves drift by my window

I had to pass on the bike, darn it. It was gone Monday, anyway, but I called Sunday and said something came up, I couldn't do it. I'm still looking but it may be spring before I get one.

I never got to the music this weekend either. I went to be early Friday night. I think the cooler weather and the rain let me sleep better. Saturday Best Girl and I went out to match curtains and some lamps and end tables to the furniture. I hate shopping, did I mention that before? I flunked eye batting and I flunk shopping even worse. But I think we did ok. I got one more chair, too.

Sunday she was over to help around the house with cleaning, packing and tearing down. The #1son was over to ride the Wing. He did much better this week. Before he was done he took it up the main roads to get gas for it. I was glad for him. By next season he will be ready for his permit and testing for his endorsement. The nephews are all tickled for him, too. They will have three and a half riders now. The niece, Cgirl, will be learning next year.

Monday I went back to the going out of business hardware store and got more paint but matched to the flooring I am getting. It's for the old pantry cupboard and doors in the laundry room/mud room/pantry. The nice lady there helped me out and it looks close enough to me.

The painters I wanted are booked solid. I can try to get someone else or I can do it ourselves or I can have them AFTER all the new is in....eww. Thinking. Even the alternative team is busy right now, darn it. I hate dealing with strangers. This bunch was in-laws to the nephew, Cboy2. I can ask KMA if she knows someone, too, now that I think of it. Yo, KMA? Painters that prep, repair and paint under a million dollars? I hate when plans don't come together.

I am still waiting on a call from the first window guy I picked. The rain last night showed me the gutters over the porch need sealing on the side over the door and the slant increased on the dog house side. I have standing water in that one and got major drips through where the roof overhang is too short for the gutter. And no matter how much I feel I have gotten done there is a ton more to do. I guess I feel out numbered. The stupid house is just bigger than me.

Yesterday the #1son had his car breaking down and called to maybe borrow little red. I called to find out what was up with the white truck. The bill is very reasonable and I blew off one repair they thought should be done until I can get it to my regular guy. But I can pick it up tonight. The son made other arrangements so I have both the vehicles back. I think I will sell one of them, probably little red. It's just one less thing to worry about and while it's been nice to have the back up I can get by with one, like a normal human, easier and cheaper.

The hired girl came over and I learned she doesn't mop. I taught her the basics. She did up dishes, mopped two rooms and the john flooded with clean water, meaning the back has a problem. I think new toilet coming soon. The plumber did recommend one.

I got dinner around and ate. She got done, I paid her and, with her off the clock, we worked on a song with the mic and guitar. We had a riot but she doesn't know how to wing the harmony so I am teaching her the lead and will try to work out the harmony and then teach her that so we can switch off. Man, does she have range, a pretty but untrained voice. Her ear needs work is all. Then she left.

I finished fixing up the site for the customer who had his go down. I started the new pages for my friend in San Diego. I took a short break to put the clean rugs down in the bathroom. I fixed a counter or two and then got tired of working and read blogs and tributes. I could not get sleepy and it was almost two thirty before I got to bed.

I had a strange dream this morning where one of my musician friends introduced me to a man that sent sparks flying so fast that when he closed in on the chair I was seated in, put his hands on the arms and leaned down at me I not only didn't knock him on his ass (because of my claustrophobia and requirement of respect) but put up my face to be kissed. Sparks! The dream went on and I was slaked. The guy meets the kids, the friend warns me that he is fun but not to be trusted and I wake up all confused and sad because I can only go out and play with him, not keep him and I want a partner, not a play toy. Weird especially as I am not a close friend with the man who introduced us.

My days are busy but the mate still haunts me. Cleaning Sunday we found the ring of keys the mate lost last year. He never lost anything. The one time he misplaced his wallet we had to look for hours before it was found but he couldn't stop until it was. It made him nuts that I can not leave my chair and lose something.

When the keys went missing we had torn the place apart looking but had to finally replace them. It got me the keys to all the tool boxes, too, that I didn't have. They were in the bottom of the couch. I heard them hit when we flipped it to get the broom back there and cut a slot to free them. The Best Girl and I both had to work not to tear up.

We had the Lions game on, too, as we cleaned. The bag is still on the dog. They can't seem to find the end zone. We saw one receiver that didn't even turn to watch the ball he was supposed to catch. Idjit. We miss our man still, all of us. I am already trying to make plans to be very busy on our anniversary this month. It's already bothering me and I plan to take the day off. I would normally be racking my brains for a gift or plan for fun for him. Now I just try not to think about it much. Like now.

I think I can have the house done by Thanksgiving at this rate and will have the kids over for a family meal and the game that day as a house warming. Stay tuned and see if I make it or not!

Comments: 6 Comments:
At 12/9/06 11:31 AM, Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

The keys...
Gave me a few chill bumps- My hubby is the same. He is a creature of habit and rarely misplaces anything- but 2 years ago he lost his keys. Blip- they vanished- work keys, home, cars, all of them gone.
We had to replace them- and the old set turned up a year later when I was preparing to paint the living room-moving furniture and stuff.
Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you :) Thanks for coming by MV on 9-11...

 
At 12/9/06 12:03 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I read you often but don't usually have much to add to your posts, you're having too much fun already!

Thanks for stopping in.

We got goose bumps, too, but I don't know why, there is nothing spooky about finding lost items later....

 
At 12/9/06 5:48 PM, Blogger Fred said...

You'll make it. You always do.

 
At 12/9/06 10:14 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hi Fred! It always tickles me when you take time to stop in as I know how busy you are. I am flattered!

I do have to note, however, that "always have" does not equal "always will". I am straining myself here. If mental effort was muscle I'd have a hernia by now!

But I'm trying.

 
At 13/9/06 12:23 PM, Blogger dan said...

You know, for not having had a busy weekend....

That sure sounds like a busy weekend to me. :)

 
At 13/9/06 3:16 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I guess you are right, Dan. It was, sort of.

But I was on my own schedule which means I wasn't rushed so it didn't feel especially busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home