4/24/2006

one hundred days
of no blue skys
no sun shining
only crying

one hundred days
living alone
It's been one hundred days
that you've been gone

I watched the snow pile up outside
I look and it melts away
I saw the crocus come alive
and I saw the blue birds come to stay
I felt the wind warm on my cheek
and saw the sun passing me by
but none of it touches me
I just sit here
and try not to cry

One hundred days
since you've been gone
I've been alone
and life's all wrong

One hundred days
one hundred lonely nights
and I just want you back
by my side.

I wonder as each day is through
Will I ever get over losing you
I feel no heart for being alive
even sunny days don't light my blues
I try to sing my songs for you
as the wind in the trees sighs
but my voice is choked with tears
because this is the future I fear

Two hundred days
of heartbreak and pain
two hundred days
all just the same
as the hundred days
I've just been through
Will I ever
Darling -
ever
I guess I'll never
get over you.