4/13/2006

Eight days of the week

I am wishing there were eight days lately. It seems like my wish to stay busy has been just a little over granted. Then there are nights, like last night, where I just can't deal with it anymore and I go to bed at eight o'clock because I just can't keep my eyes open.

Monday really was busy at work and I got out a little late. When I got home I laid right into chores, let the dogs in and fed them, the cats the same, tossed them all out again and put the rugs into the washer and the load of them from the night before into the dryer then ran the vac and mopped my butt off. I had not had dinner or even a smoke yet because I wanted to be done before the gypsies needed to get in for the shower.

I was just finishing up the mopping and I looked out the window to see the gypsy Mom and Dad, using pistols that shot yellow rubber pellets, running joyfully around my yard actually shooting at each other. Having a great time while I clean up the extra mess from having 5 more people running in and out of my house and trying to time it so they could get in at a reasonable hour.

I look over behind them. The RV has not moved, the cars have not moved and there is no generator. They didn't have time to do any of the things they told me they would and they had no time to say they were not coming to dinner but they have time to PLAY? They have time to play and I am working my butt off.....What's wrong with this picture?

I'll tell you what is wrong with it. I was getting walked on and treated like shit. I am not stupid. I have been taken advantage of before. Mooches, leeches, down right blood suckers, I have had them in the past. I know it when I see it. It doesn't belong here in my home. I think the thing I was most bothered by is the lack of respect or basic courtesy toward me.

I lost it. I put the mop down and went flying out the front door like the wicked witch of the west on turbo. I cut loose on both of them. I told them that they had not done even ONE thing they said they would do since they got there, including moving the RV off the drain field, or letting me know why it wasn't done when they said they would. I was not to be disrespected in my own home. If they could not treat me with basic courtesy then they could pack and roll because I was not going to deal with being walked on in my own home. They could have at least told me they weren't coming to dinner and I would not have kept others and myself waiting for them.

But...bu...b....I get from them. I couldn't move the RV alone, he says. I say it only has to be driven 60 feet? Right, only had to be driven! he snaps. She says I got us dinner somewhere else. You could have told me, I snap back. Fine, he says, I'll move the damn thing right now. She says nothing but follows him to the RV. I stalk toward the house but hear him screaming I threw his kid out Sunday where upon I stomp right back and scream to him through the door that I ASKED her to leave because I was sending more of my dead husband's things out of my home and wanted to do it with my kids, that I only see about eight times a year, PRIVATELY, not with an audience and if he had a problem with THAT he was welcome to step back OUTSIDE and explain it!

I was tight as a drum. My hands were clenched and I was on the balls of my feet with my knees flexed and my teeth gritted. I wanted the fat slob to come back out. Who was he to tell me when his family would be in my home and when they would not? No one has made me angry since the mate died and I would love a chance to blow all the anger in my system totally off. Yes, I meant physically. I haven't had to fight much in my life - but I don't lose.

DD said something to him and no one answered me, but she came out. I invited her inside and went back to the house just STEAMING! She strolled along behind me.

I got my smokes and flung myself into the recliner while she took the end of the couch. I wasn't done and she knew it so she just sat there and let me get my rant out. I ended it by telling her that I knew she had hung out with these people a long time but that she could have the upstairs - rent free- as long as she needed and they could be sent packing. I thought her friends were low life trash, dragging her down, and did NOT know why someone like her would even hang with them. And I am leaving out several things here that are illegal and morally incorrect here that really piss me off that they have done in my presence. Why? Habbit, I guess. Never leave written evidence...

So she sat there and listened. We can't move the RV without the battery from the car.
If he would have said so I have two trucks WITH batteries, I replied.
We were waiting for the boyfriend's truck to be un-impounded to get the generator. (that was Friday, driving on suspended and no insurance with a minor female aka the Teen in the truck. Her folks had to go to a town about 50 miles away to pick her up. Yes, he is still here, too.)
I offered to let you use my truck, is my answer, but you didn't go and then it was time for work.
I didn't know about the dinner or the Teen and baby getting asked to leave, she says.
Why should you have to? The Mom can't stroll over 30 feet to say thanks, but we have other plans? It's a crime to say you want someone to leave your home for a while, you'll see them at supper?

I told her these were all room mate problems and could still be worked out. She could go and explain to them that I do NOT do stress or unhappiness at home, that I will not be ignored and disrespected or treated rudely and why I felt treated that way. Then find out if a place to stay meant enough to them that they would modify their behavior toward me.

The Dad had offered to help with the repairs on the house but if he didn't do what he said he would in the four days they had been here, why would I think he would ever do any of the repairs. And I told her I was sorry I felt that way about her friends but they did not have "good people" status with me and likely never would. I also told her I didn't want to see those damn pistols anywhere near my animals, the neighbor kids were bad enough. I was not calling the cops, social services or anyone else but the boyfriend is not welcome in my home.

She went out, after apologizing for all of them, and you know, it's funny. In less than a half hour they were moving the RV, and they ASKED if where they were parked was ok, I said yes. And they moved the tent, and the refridgerator, and the misc. boxes and the poor dog. All the stuff they hadn't done in three days was done in about two hours. About 10:30 I was at the sink and see the Dad trying to line up the satillite dish.....hmmmmm. Weird. Not enough money to run the generator all the time but enough for a SAT TV hook up? So they are still plugged into my power? I am not liking this at all.

So why did I not just send them on their merry way? They have a two year old and a dog. I had a two year old and a cat once. I owe some pay it forwards. And how about, "as you do unto the least of these" and "love thy neighbor as thyself" and the golden rule? Do I want to be the kind of person who leaves a friend in the lurch? Am I any better than they are just because I can now pay my bills and haven't been "between houses" in years? Nope. I lived in a 17 foot camper with the mate and two 16 year old girls for nine months. It is do-able. It is not fun.

I am trying to really learn how to love my neighbor because I believe each life here is powered by the the big love and is part of that big love, no matter how small or strange that life form appears to me here in it's flesh. But that is Tuesday's story.

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 13/4/06 1:28 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Seems like it's an immature crowd. They needs rules, expectations, and consequences -- so you don't need to explode.

 
At 14/4/06 9:31 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

We got it worked out, for now. You are right but the word is not immature when the Dad is 38, it's self centered and rude. I can write part of that off to poor upbringing but I think they just expect people to bail for them.

It's a sad mentality. But it's only for three weeks. I can do this to help a friend.

 
At 15/4/06 6:06 PM, Blogger Madzillah said...

Do I need to come over and flash my badge a bit? It's really quite impressive. It also occasionally helps people be SO MUCH more polite.
You can also mention that I'm a PLANT law person....

 
At 16/4/06 10:57 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

LOL Mad!!! You need to come around just to visit! If I have to claim dire need I will feel like you don't love me anymore.

Maybe you and your clan can come do hotdogs next weekend on the bonfire if you are not busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home