5/31/2005

Bikers, next gen

We rested up yesterday morning after mashing on the yard for the previous two days. The mate got the 10.00 mower running and it just rams! Totally cool!

We got the yard done, a new patch put in for gadiolias out front, all 50 of the bulbs in and watered down, and moved a tiny tree I had mis-located.

I gave up looking and planted the herbs in the garden area. I wanted something to wheel them inside for winters but I guess I have to build one, couldn't find one. I put the two lavenders, spearmint, peppermint and lemon balm just out from the two thymes (told the mate I have LOTS of time now!) and those just out from the baby maple. All this on the north west corner of the garden. I put the two basil, sage and oregano in another row where the brocolli was coming in too thin.

I added a clemetis to the side garden and still have some hollyhock and morning glories to plant. I may get a few more sets from town, maybe some giant red canna lillies or something to put on the ends of the glads out front.

For Monday we got up and took it easy. I rode behind the mate over to Cee's for her birthday. We left here just as the Tiny Parade for Memorial Day ended and got to her town just as their parade ended. She just had her driveway redone and it was very improved. Most people just avoid her place in the spring, even the 4WD crowd. She had a new black mini baby and a new palamino pinto mini baby this spring. They were beauty. She also has yorkies and had kept a female that was larger instead of smaller and I fell hard for her, I hate little yappy dogs but this girl looked like she had a brain! GG was also very mellow for a yorkie.

The neice, nephews, spouses and kids were all there. It was good to see them. The two bikers brought their bikes. The visiting was good, the mini human accidents minimal, decent food and great fun was had by all. Mom will be sorry she missed it but she isn't back from FL yet.

Later that evening the biker neph, niece and mates came over to get some parts I had for one of them. Great trade, he gets bags and trunk, I get garage painted. Then they asked about leathers. I went in and pulled four coats that all needed zippers out and gave them the ones they liked with name of place that will fix zippers. They were all tickled. I was glad to see someone get them that would use them.

I didn't pull a weed or plant a bush all day.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 1/6/05 12:47 PM, Blogger Badpatty said...

So, you got the best of everything! I love it when all I have to do is plant and water. My wife's making a masterpiece of our new back yard, and I love helping (when she'll let me).

 
At 1/6/05 1:24 PM, Blogger No Milk Please said...

i haven't had anything to do with bush in like, forever :)

thanks for stopping by, and your thoughtful comments. i hope to see you again soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home