5/29/2005

Night out

We have had a great day so far. I have always spent what I call "God Money". That means that if I saw a need I got it filled and wrote it off to the debt I owe for guardian angel duty. We began a dedicated tithing experiment several weeks ago and have been impressed with the results.

Today we discussed to whom and how much we needed send money to for us to keep the 10% commitment we made. We paid all the bills, then reached a mutually agreeable solution, as we almost always do. The money was set aside.

Then it was time to wash the 1,487 miles worth of dirt and southern bugs off the black bike. I had just joined him and started on the buggy radiator when the mate mentioned the neighbor was having a sale. To be true to myself I had to put the scrubber down, beg some money off the mate and run across the street. Rumor was the lady neighbor was getting married again. I comfirmed this with her while looking at some real deals.

I spent 30.00. Get this. I got a Craftsman 30" riding mower, a small G.F. Grill, a wooden plaque with brass horses on it for the sister's bday Sunday, a 6/12 volt battery charger and a brand new 26" kitchen cabinet on wheels with a top cupboard unit. AARRRGGGHHH! I got us a great deal today....or the one we tithe to did.

We have a fair sized lawn and it gets to be winter here in Michigan too often. We have been wanting a second mower so we could leave the snowblower on the 36" riding mower. It's getting harder for us to manage changing it over as I can't lift like I used to when I was healthier. The mate is out right now getting the new battery and cables for the 30" 5 speed riding mower. The previous owner came over and told us he bought it to do a friend's yard when she was laid up. When she died it just sat in his storage area. The choke had a problem, the air filter needs replaced and the gas was old. The battery cables were so corroded that the end broke off one of them when we disconnected it. It's all fixed but the parts aren't back yet. Just have to put them on and change out the gas, then clean the carbs.

We have both started eating healthy again since my heart attack and we both are working on losing some weight. Now we get the help of George Formans must have invention! (is mostly joke) I cut the fat off everything now but what is left will cook out and drain off, mostly. Should be (ick) good for us.

I get to rearrange the living, dining and kitchen to get the cabinet in but it will be much nicer for all of us when I do. I have been wanting to do this to make the dining area bigger and get my wonderful machine further from the kitchen area. My desk won't take up so much room in the living room under the window.

I can put the dry sink with the table it matches in the dining area with the fancy dishes in it and OUT of the 9' high cupboards and put up the new curtains I'm having made. The kitchen will be easier to organize with the extra counterspace and cupboards. WooHooo! PARTY!

And no, I can't see any reason to attribute this to anything but the tithe. I never have this kind of luck at sales. My sis always does. Do the math. Whatever I got today would have cost me way more than we gave away. I challange anyone to say out loud, "I am going to donate 10% of my income to where God (which ever one you believe in) directs me. Then find a needy family or charity, listen to the little voice in your head for ideas and watch for results! It's been awesome!

We went out to dinner and then saw Star Wars. I have some issues with it but over all it was a good movie. The special effects were somewhat over the top, I think, but wtf, it's his story and he's sticking to it.

On the way home we stopped to visit a friend we hadn't seen in a while. That was fun! She has her home almost finished and her gardens are overwelming, especially when you realize she works full time and does it all herself.

So it's Sunday, I don't have to work tomorrow and we are going to work on the yard today. Plan is to wack off the bushes in the front so the wild climing rose gets some sun, plant the 30 glads, water the gardens as it still hasn't rained, mow the lawn, clean the dog pen, and spray weed killer on the fence line and the patio corner I just dug all the bulbs out of yesterday. Then I will see if I can still walk and try to get the herbs planted.

Gotta go plant flowers now!