5/26/2005

The Great Divide

The mate was going to run the Mom down to see the sister, Vee, in further south, Florida but she is coming up on the weekend. This released him from his duties as chauffer and companion. He packed up and left yesterday after getting to sleep for a whole 7 hours in a real bed.

The Mom is with her very good friend that she hasn't seen in many years and the reports say they only quit talking when they fell asleep with their eyes open at the table. (joke!)

So the mate toured Daytona, said enough already to the heat, humidity, bugs, snakes and reptiles. He and the now clean and shiney Midnight Venture landed in Carterville, GA last night. He called and we talked. He's just dandy and will be scooting around in KY most likely tonight. He said the Mom would call me later that evening.

Well, I was beat when I got home. I got a dish of healthy, double chocolate almond ice cream and sat down to catch a horse movie I had never seen. I like Walter Brennan. When that wound up and I had talked to the mate yet again, I went out to move more flowers.

I got the gardens all hoed and watered, cleared out another wheelbarrow full of weeds, watered in all the plants I moved and planted some more marigolds. Then I jumpped on the bike and did 4 laps of 4 blocks that took me past the cow farm. They look at you funny when you moo at them, I thought Moo Coo might laugh at that. There were two brown cows in with all the black and white ones. They didn't like "how now brown cow" mooed at them, either.

Then it was almost dark. I went back in, did a load of wash, got my shower, fussed with the dishes and put the coffee on for morning. I love my coffee pot with a timer on it! Mom never called so I stayed up till 11:00 then gave up on her.

I was just thinking about jumping on the big bike and heading south as I just remembered it's a holiday weekend and I could take a four day. Now I don't know if I am fit enough to pull it off. My dislocated tail bone mandates many stretch stops, my moon friend joined me yesterday, and my legs hurt from riding the little bike. I would also have to find a dog sitter. All the nephews have grown up and the grands are too little to be alone out here (their mom says....)

Will I work tomorrow or not? Will I sneak up on the mate or not? Will I stay home and move more flowers? Don't miss the next episode!