12/07/2009

Hello again. Wow, it's been almost a month since I posted last...very sorry. I remember when my day wasn't complete if I hadn't gotten my post up.

Summer was busy this year and winter promises to have card games and jam sessions in it, inspite of the travel difficulty that snow brings. I am almost looking forward to it. Today I started writing again and I expect to continue through the 'slow' season. I've missed it.

Still not much happening on the job situation in Michigan. I have a few friends who found work but there is no promise that it will be permanant, they are hopeful and I pray for them. I have family that had to watch their friends be laid off and left without income again...we can only pray for them, too, and help where we can.

I have been well cared for in that I have had all I need and to share, even being on unemployment for income. The bills are paid, the house is warm. I am thankful.

a little herstory.....My dad broke his leg racing motorcycles the year I started 8th grade. I would be going to the high school with 'the big kids'. We had five kids and not much income that year.

A woman from our town took me out to shop for school clothes. She taught me about "mix and match" and got me a beautiful dark green cordory skirt, vest, jacket and slacks along with two blouses, underthings and penny loafers. I felt like a million bucks in those clothes for months. I have never forgotten how what she did made me feel and I have often used it for the reason to help another young teen... I wrote her a thank you note but I never felt I had showed how much what she had done meant to me until the first time I gave a woman in the cold a coat of her own.

I had a chance last week to make a girl's birthday a little brighter and lighten her father's load. He will be having neck surgury soon, and has no income at this time. He knew what he wanted to do for her birthday. It brought me great joy to be able to help him reach his goal for her day and in turn he repaired my electric guitar, so it doesn't squeal and such anymore. And Divine Intervention brought the funds to do it all to us. I applied it where I saw it was needed, but it was His money anyway.

Yesterday a friend came over and spent the day with me. We did Christmas projects, ran to town and back and just had a good time together. ...and, knowing the girl and her father could have a great day, I smiled all day.

This week I get to bring the grandgirl home for a night. I think she and I will try bowling or something then make the christmas cookies I need to get done. I'm looking forward to it.

I am thankful that all the family seems to be doing well right now and are able to help others in need as we go. And I am thankful that my friends still stay in touch that can't get over to see me...our timing doesn't match sometimes, but I know we are still friends.

And I'm glad you stopped in to read today. I'll be back, sooner than I have been doing I think.

See you then.

Comments: 6 Comments:
At 7/12/09 12:54 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Glad you're making it.

 
At 7/12/09 1:32 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hanging in here, Anvil. As most always, hardest part for me is the lonely - but I'm doing...

 
At 12/12/09 10:27 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Glad to see you posting, Val. Now, I need to figure out how to post more often, too.

 
At 12/1/10 3:35 PM, Blogger ICE said...

Hey lady!!! Big lapse in your posting.. unusual for you.. I read your most recent posts (as I always do) and am just hoping you're ok :) Miss ya!!!

 
At 15/1/10 4:54 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks fred! Hope you do, I miss you.

 
At 15/1/10 4:58 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Ice! Glad to know you are still out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home