10/24/2009

Maybe then your blues will fade away...

I'm up for the winter. Still need that one turn signal changed in the truck and an oil change, but it's ready, too. I even have two or four projects for winter around so my hands and brain stay busy. I might hang a few windblocks over open doorways and I have to wire the heating pad up on the bed, but that's a few minutes and it's done. Then it's winter.

I went to town yesterday for myself. I stopped and applied for foodstamps. I applied for a job. I got my emergency unemployment applied for and laid in a few supplies. Now it's just wait and see if I am approved for all of that.

House and truck up, paperwork done....got a card game to go to tonight at five up north...

So why am I sitting here feeling "under the weather?" I would like to hope it's just "the mopes" but I'm pretty sure I'm missing my last companion. I don't know why. We are good. We got things straightened out with no major hurts to either of us and will be jammin in the future...

But our paths have split and I know it's not going to change again. I made contact with a man way up north that was interested in meeting me from a dating site. It seems like we might have a good time together except for the miles....I haven't quit and I'm not bitter or mean feeling about anything....

But there is a joy missing today that I had not so long ago for just a moment....

I think that is what I am missing.

So if you have love in your day, enjoy it while you have it. I know I have had it. I know it's real and I know it can grow again....

I miss it.

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 25/10/09 7:58 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Good luck getting approved for everything you need. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'd miss it, too.

 
At 5/11/09 8:52 AM, Anonymous Susan said...

I'm pulling for you. If you decide on a roadtrip to IN, let me know! I'm hoping my job stabilizes so that I don't have to start a commune!

 
At 7/11/09 11:55 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Fred, will update you on that.

And HELLO SUSAN!! I will join the commune....pets allowed?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home