1/10/2009

Spread your tiny wings and fly away....

Snowbirds. Yesterday the hawk sat right on top of my feeder. There were several smaller birds hiding low in the lilacs but it didn't seem interested in them. It just sat there and looked around. It was fun to watch. I have had several hawks over the years that "hunt over bait" but I can't grudge them their survival.

Today the bird hordes are back and eating all the seed they can before the snow hits. I have a fair variety of birds and enjoy all of them.

I have had a lot of time to sit and watch them while the files are found, restored, moved to the portable drive and then to the new hard drive...computer rebuilds, ICK!

I had to take back my first machine because Vista 64 bit won't run any of the software I have. I downgraded to a 3 gb machine with Vista 32 bit and still haven't managed to get it to recognize my printer/scanner/copier.....says it's too old. I'm cranky about it and going to try again. There has to be away to make it work. I just have to find it.

So the new machine is almost up. I have to go back to the old machine. Import all my old email into outlook express, export my old email from outlook express and all my settings, then put the files on the port drive and import them into the crappy new mail program that comes with Vista.

I'm thinking I might try to install OE 6 on the Vista machine just for fun and see if it will run....

I have a party to go to today for a retiring uncle....That should be fun if we can get there in the snow. I was thinking of cancelling but hate to. I don't get to see the family often enough.

But just to say hello to all of you and I'm glad you're still hangin' in there with me I got the machine online and working again.

Back soon!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 10/1/09 11:17 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I was just reading yesterday that the selling of XP has been extended for six months until the newest version of Windows is available. Apparently, Vista has not been embraced by anybody much.

 
At 12/1/09 2:19 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Ya, they extend the selling, but they won't put it on the new computers for you with the drivers for the hardware that comes with the machine.....you have to get the xp drivers yourself - somewhere.

I'm still cranky about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home