12/29/2008

bbbbbb BAD, bad to the bone

I have been fighting with a dying computer, doing CPR, (computer please - RESTORE) for days. I just gave it up today.

My machine lost some files I REALLY wanted to have for a long time. I got annoyed and went out to do the banking and see the #1DIL and SOMEHOW ended up at the store carrying my latest desired machine.....

See, somehow, in this economy, my credit got extended on my credit card back awhile ago. I have been talking myself out of spending any of it incase of emergency. I never have been real good at taking my own advice.

But I really need a working computer. I build websites, do recording, movies, photo editing, build data bases and more. It's lots of heavy memory work on a machine.

I was bad....I have a new machine downloading it's 61 Vista updates as I type.

Will still be spotty online for awhile until I get my NEW machine set up and running with a new ISP but when I come back I can do everything I need do without the poor thing having a breakdown.

I'm bad, but I'm pleased. I'm calling it my xmas/bday gift to me from me.

Now I just have to pay it off!


****************
The neice and nephew are back up north now, sorting bags of stuff and organizing their temporary home. The Sis went up today to help. I may go up later, if they need me. They have so much to sort - so many kind people have offered help - they don't know where to start.
Thank you to all that have offered prayers and sent help for them. They are going to need it to get their home back up. But it WILL go back up! What a blessing!

****************
Our Christmas was wonderful but some typhoid mary gave a bunch of us the flu. Easy is down and so is GrandGirl and the DIL. Baby Bashie is fine, so far. I think I had it a month ago, it seems to be missing me.
Grand1 has been over with his girl to hang and play cards and such the last week. It was good to see him again. She's a sweetie.
The clutch is funky on the truck. I'm gonna have to get that looked at - later. After I get this machine loaded up and whipped into shape!
So I'm busy, broke, but being productive again. Yay me!
Catch ya all soon as I get back online. I'm at the hotspot for downloading updates right now. Will be back again tomorrow after I install my software! (again. )
Hugs to all of you!

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 29/12/08 7:12 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I understand; I'm getting worried because we have two older computers in this house. I shouldn't buy either, but ...

 
At 29/12/08 7:53 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Merry Christmas to you! I bought a media PC some years ago to do the things you do, too, and I love it. I'm sure the prices are much more reasonable these days.

Best of luck to your niece and nephew.

Busy and productive is good. Let's hope the "broke" part comes out of the equation.

 
At 3/1/09 2:47 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Good luck with all the installs. I'm sorry your computer crapped out on ya. It's so expensive and frustrating to get a new one and try to repair an old one. I feel for you!

Good luck and lots of prayers to your niece and nephew.

Just so you know, 09 is going to kick 08's ass!!! :)

 
At 5/1/09 12:55 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I just love you guys!

and LOIS!! HI! Miss you.

I'm working on getting back my lost files....heartbreaking work.

Time consuming, too.

It was so good to see you all here with your cheering words, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home