1/24/2009

The fundamental things apply


as time goes by......

Three years and I'm still here. Easy is keeping me company but things have not clicked right between us. We get each other by for now as roomies. It's okay, no harm, no foul, just no click.

And each person I love has helped me learn to walk as myself again. But I miss the mate today.

There's a gathering of our friends tonight. I don't know if I can stay if I go. I don't know if I can go. I want to try. I miss them. But it's not an easy day for me. Might not make it.

The computer is almost ready for the big tear down. I am looking into putting XP on it. Need to find the drivers for this machine first. That's this weekend's project. It's good to be busy.

The Mom's bday is Tuesday. I have a small gift for her. Sis is bringing dinner again. I have invited the kids out for cake and ice cream. She's gonna be 72. We gotta party while we can!!

And tomorrow is another day I will be glad to greet. I will keep on loving and caring and looking for a partner I can keep and enjoy. That's life. I'm living it.

Have been working on some music with a man from the next town over. May get something going, but I don't think so. We have different styles. It's been fun to jam.

So I'm a little blue today, but I'm not destroyed like I was. This, too, will pass. I didn't believe it but I'm seeing it happen. I can't forget the mate. I do miss him and our life. But I can smile that I have had love in my life and keep looking for it again. I know it's real and it can happen. The changes keep coming and I keep managing to get through them. I'm okay.

Thank you all that care and have helped me get so far again.

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 24/1/09 12:10 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't know, but it's a tough time of year too. Sometimes I wonder if I am getting a little SAD although I think that's an all too easy diagnosis sometimes.

 
At 25/1/09 11:26 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

It's been gray skies here too much this month. Yesterday the sun was out and I expected to see partying in the streets!

 
At 26/1/09 5:56 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I don't know how you feel, but I'm glad you're talking about it and continue to share your feelings with us.

Glad you're still looking. It's out there.

 
At 29/1/09 8:35 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Fred, you lift my heart. I think I am mostly sad. It seems like any two adults ought to be able to create a life together but you both have to be committed to that - and that seems to be hard to find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home