4/17/2007

Wishin' n hopin'n thinkin'n prayin'

There have been many things in my head lately and on my heart. I have been reading, writing, studying and thinking. I keep feeling like I am developing spiritually not only "outside the box" but that there is no box for me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that is bad, I just think I will have to discover much on my own that has probably been done before and better by others because I am not finding the others that have done it the way I feel led.

As a confirmed gender rule defying female, social convention flaunter, and fairly wild child in life and continuing that self even in my spiritual life I finally found one little book that spoke a word to my spirit. My MOM loaned it to me! ACK! You should find this stuff in the dusty back bin of a library or something so you have the joy of discovery, but my Mom got to be the messenger here.

If you don't fit in any of the boxes out there for spirituality, try "The Barbarian Way" by Erwin Raphael McManus.

P.S. Cyrus, bless you for the sharing and the precisely perfect timing, you will like this one.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 20/4/07 10:30 AM, Blogger Jean said...

I may take a look at that for myself. Thanks, Val!

 
At 20/4/07 9:52 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I think you will find the "YES!" in it I did.

I finally figured out, like a week ago, that you not only can't get a square peg in a round hole but they don't have a hole on the board that is star shaped...LOL!

No wonder I couldn't be pounded into place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home