3/18/2007

It's a small small world

For all of you that get the title song stuck in your head- sorry. Me, too.

Favorite "heard somewhere" today: "How do you take sides on a round planet?"

The world is getting smaller every day but the planet hasn't changed, humans have. From early times when we used drums to send a message we have been looking for better and faster ways to be in communication with those we love.

Each time we have improved our ability to communicate we grow closer together. Over time while we were all 'far apart" from each other we developed our own, unique ways of interacting with our universe.

When we began to come into contact with eachother these differences, instead of being appreciated and accepted, were used to create conflicts, wars. Greed for land and wealth created more conflicts. The similarity between all humans was passed over. I think it's a fear factor.

As we are growing to see we are really all alike, just trying to love our families, understand our place in creation, the new ways of communication are building a web that reaches from every continent. It is not a web of governments or bureaucrates but a web of families, friends and love.

We no longer feel the need to have everyone believe as we do. We are learning we only need to share loveingly with others. As we learn more and more how alike a woman in Uganda and a woman in Canada think and feel we become closer.

Blogs contribute to this growing closer. We read of and care about those we would never meet in our usual day. We become interested, then caring and concerned as we follow their thoughts each day. We become friends and even meet them in the flesh sometimes. The more we learn of each other every where the less inclination to cause hurt to others in their lives grows in us.

We reach out in love, not greed, we care, not hate, we accept them for what they are, not judge them as less or more than we are but just accept they are different. Soon we will be a web of caring friends and scattered families world wide and on that day we will join up to tell the governments ENOUGH! Work it out, share, see to the children - preserve yet share all the resources here.

There is plenty for every one and we can get it where it is needed. See to your people and their needs and use the excess to help others. Not fighting, but sharing the bounty of the earth with everyone. I may not live to see that day but perhaps my children will.

I will work for it by sharing and loving all I meet each day, whatever they believe and wherever they are from.

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 18/3/07 11:21 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I just got up grumpy with a sore back and from not being able to sleep. So, that's kind of a refreshing post.

 
At 19/3/07 11:53 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

To spread a little joy is my wish, to share my love is my goal. Thank you for sharing that you were cheered.

May your back heal also.

I heart you Anvil, my friend across the border.

 
At 19/3/07 2:00 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Actually, one of the biggest bonuses I see with the net as far as people go is learning about life through different people's perspectives, esp. if they are from a different culture. I think that alone helps the small world be more united.

And Val, of course I love you. I think you totally misunderstood my complaint with Padme!!! Go read my reply, then email me if you have any questions...please!

 
At 24/3/07 12:15 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you Kira!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home