4/25/2007

PS I love you

What do people do that live alone? I have been learning this over the last year.

First I did things the way I had for the last twenty because it worked for us and I could stay on auto pilot. As I healed I learned that I can do what ever I want, most times, that I enjoy doing.

One of the lessons I have been being taught over and over the last five years is SLOW DOWN and enjoy each tiny pleasure as it passes. Take whatever time I need to just enjoy being alive. To contemplate, to sit in the shade and breathe our fairly unpolluted air, to really hear the birds singing and the chime ringing in the whispy breeze. I'm slow but I am finally getting it. I'm built for comfort, not for speed...LOL! I am not an engineer, a builder, a doing something all the time person. I am the reminder that things get done even when you take time for yourself.

One night I sat out just to sit out and watch the moon. It was my favorite, the cresent with the star off the bottom tip. It was beautiful.

Last night I burned off the pile from redoing the house so I could mow more easily around the fire pit. I got to do it my way, just before dark so the wet would bake off the wood from the rain and I could go back out after I got Jeanette off to work and enjoy the flames in the dark. I even got the guitar out and played and sang, stuffed head, sore throat and all, just because it's what I love to do.

I had the two dogs and one cat hangin' with me so I could take a break and pet them or scratch the winter fur off them. It was cloudy so the fire didn't have to compete with the sky for my attention.

A friend to share it with was missing. Thank you all for being here so I can share it with you.