7/28/2006

One tin soldier rides away

Ananke, one of the bloggers I read regularly, signed up for 2,996. The site wants one blogger to memorialize each person that died in the 9/11 attack. I think it's a timely idea and I hope enough bloggers sign up to cover all the names. I signed up to do one at the Invisible Wounded site. I was number 1034. They still need 1,920 bloggers to commit to the project. Please consider signing up for it.

Letting America forget that we were attacked on our own ground and have yet to find all those responsible would be criminal. We are too soft already. I have Martin John Coughlan. He will be honored and remembered there on 9/11/06.

I had yesterday off to attend the memorial service for my friend. I saw two of her kids but the boy was in and out so fast even his sisters didn't get to see him. The pastor and I played guitar and sang a little after the dinner. The photo boards were nice because I could track the kids through the years. The girls made up the memorial cards and some nice bookmarks with a photo of their mom on them. We had done that for just immediate family for Dad. It's a nice memory to have floating around your books.

On the way back I stopped to visit my little red truck guy. His folks had an offer on their home and were looking at a community near by for their future housing. His step dad that just had the double knee surgery was out playing cards with friends and got home while I was still there. They seemed to all be a little more cheerful this visit. I keep hoping things will work out for them. The little bit I have been able to encourage them or help seems so small.

I also stopped by the Uncle's place and told him I wouldn't be over tomorrow for dinner. I visited with the cousin a little, too. When I was done there I drove through the rain to a little restaurant I like and had dinner. It was my way of turning a negative feeling trip into something a little more positive.

It rained hard last night and while it is suppose to bypass us today it is going to be really hot this weekend. Worse than the 89 degrees yesterday. I am thinking about going north to avoid it.

The Best Girl called me at work today. She is going out to mow for me, bless her heart. That was my job for tonight. Now I can huddle under the air conditioner with her instead.

If it stays nice I may get the bike out for a night run under the Cheshire moon tonight.