3/30/2006

Don't get around much anymore

Another week almost over, yay, and I had money left in my pocket and the bank with all the bills paid. Not enough to suit me yet but any excess is appreciated and counted in the blessings of the day.

The next blessing is my friend, Madzilla, whom I met for dinner on Tuesday. We had one of those two hour talk fests I love so. I am hoping she and my other rent a kid will come visit soon. It's getting nice enough out to burn some dogs.

Third blessing is sunshine and 50+ temps. I don't need the *&$^*%* furnace to run, now maybe I can get it fixed. And I am leaving early to get the bike to go to the bank today.

Not a blessing, 5th call to insurance company. I called to change it into my name and drop the full coverage on the mate's bike two weeks ago. They screwed it up 7 ways from Sunday. Last mail I got the correct bill in my name in one envelope and the mate's proofs for a year and mine only good two more weeks. I think the lady last night got it all straight. I hope. I know I didn't want to tell that story 5 times. I let them know someone needed retraining.

Blessing, the mate's nephew has been taking classes for state certified auto mechanic. He will not be attending the last four weeks of class because he passed the exam with the highest score in three years, one wrong answer. The teacher passed him for graduation. I was really proud of him. His Uncle would have been very impressed and pleased.

He has been sent out to the real world to seek his fortune now. I think, with some of the confidence he is gaining from his success, he will continue to grow into a fine man. Can't ever have too many of them. He and his girl are coming over to look at some things they need for setting up house keeping so another blessing is getting rid of more excess.

Blessing, more excess going - Our friend, the nurse, is going to rescue the player piano, have it repaired and let me play it anytime I want at her place. She has a musically inclined son we have hopes for if it is right there for him. I do so hate to let it go but I can't afford to fix it and it's just going to waste since it quit working. This way it will be fixed and I can still visit it, anyway.

The mate and his best friend nearly disemboweled themselves bringing it home one morning. A man gave it to me for exercising with after my hip surgury. It was supposed to be a surprise for me and all in place when I got home. I was late for work that day and even later when I saw them coming with it! My poor little truck! I was so thrilled and the mom and sis and I had some great times singing the old songs with it. It was such a very nice thing of them to do for me. After I dislocated the tailbone I couldn't sit and pump it anymore.

Trick blessings - The customers I cussed under my breath at for keeping me working late three nights in a row put me into overtime if I don't burn some hours. It is payday, 60 and sunny, so I can go get the bike and get a ride in plus do the banking and chores.

Not really a blessing. I may be able to get the bike out for sale tonight. No one I have asked seems to be able to help with it so I am going in with the thought that the mate would have had to do it for me and now he won't have to. I am bearing it for him. That I can do. I really would have taken a bullet for him and this is just a different kind of bullet. I can do this (repeat endlessly till finished). All prayers and power thoughts welcomed here.

Blessing - Having you all to talk over my days with so I don't feel totally isolated here in the sticks with no one but the pets to talk to. Thank you all. While this week has been busy I really will not be getting around much anymore because I have a ton to do here and no one to watch the animals.

Curse you Red Baron! It's only noon and two bikes (Harley's) just went rolling by and I can't leave for hours yet!

Determined to leave with a happy thought. I only cried a little yesterday at bedtime. And only a little so far today. Still not a tear free day on day 64.

PS. Curse you again! My own UNCLE just rode by and honked at me! ARrrggghhh!

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 30/3/06 7:20 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Four days cycling in a row for us: the last for a while as it's expected to start raining.

 
At 30/3/06 10:29 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I know and that is sad news. 60 and rainy is just a rotten day the powers that be taunt us with...LOL

 
At 31/3/06 11:55 AM, Blogger Annake said...

We hit 70 yesterday, woo-hoo! But it's raining today, grrr. Ah, well, there's always tomorrow. Hope you're able to get everything done so you can get a little cycling in. Be careful, though, I just heard a news report about a guy on a motorcycle who hit a deer last night. He's in pretty bad shape. Sending good thoughts your way! :-D

 
At 2/4/06 12:55 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks for the good thoughts Ananke, and for stopping in.

Tried to teach the kids to ride like they were aliens in an invisible ship and they didnt' want anyone to see them, hit them or cripple the ship.

Even with all the skill in the world the bear gets you once in a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home