11/03/2005

Fly me to the moon...


From fiction to functioning future apparatus!

I love this new site I found today! They are tracking SciFi writers fantasy inventions with new technological developments. Our friend, Scotty, or Chief Engineer Scott, presented us with transparent aluminum not all that long ago and guess what the military is testing? YES! This one goes on my list of great things I saw happen with a bullet ^!

I am a fan of Robert Heinlein and loved this page on items from his books.

Now they have a hormone spray you can use to get people to find you more trustworthy - that sounds like science fiction to me. But it may help those of us feeling older to talk a younger person into a blood transfusion. That might help stop or slow our aging. Now that is a scary thought! Is younger blood better for you? Run, children! You better make a law that all transfusions must be between people of like ages or we may all turn into modern day vampires!

I am looking into a diesel for my next vehicle because they were originally designed to run on corn oil or peanut oil.
"Biodiesel alternative fuel technology has been around for a while; it's actually the fuel of choice for Rudolph Diesel himself, who demonstrated the diesel engine at the 1900 World's Fair using peanut oil. It's biodegradable, nontoxic and free of sulfur, a renewable resource and delivers similar torque, horsepower and miles per gallon. Some biodiesel owners make a deal with local restaurant owners for free fuel, since normally they must pay to have the cooking oil removed."
And look who is helping farmers get organized and to market with this! For us country music fans it's no surprise. He must use a ton of fuel a month just getting around!

I am still waiting for flying cars!