10/28/2005

When falling leaves drift by my window

Fall FairyThose falling leaves, of red and gold....Meet my Fall Fairy self. I have always loved autumn.

I FINALLY got a photo I feel safe in posting. Anvil gives me an inferiority complex...LOL.

It was supposed to rain all last week and the trees were at their most vunerable; full of color; dry and fragil. If it did rain they were all going to lose their foliage. I got a wild hair and asked the mate to take me for a drive with the camera. He was most willing so we went out prowling back roads for color.

Lovely drive There were lots of beautiful stands of trees but because we live in farming country many of them were too far away to get a good photo of from the road. Then you get lucky.

We were just driving out of a tunnel of trees and I got this shot through the windshield. Beauty, eh? I will add just one more for today, been getting a little grapic heavy here lately.

We really enjoyed the drive and gave a little change in routine without exausting me after work. I got several more nice shots I will post later.

The east coast family checked in and they are ok and reports of the wedding in Cocoa Beach are raves. One person had to wait to fly out of Orlando but they were far enough north that no damage was done beyond some wind taking branches down.

I hope you all enjoy the holiday and your weekends. Just one more before I go. The crickets (see side bar for link) have a really interesting link today. I found the guy it is about.

crickidile  dundee

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 28/10/05 8:50 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Shucks! Your photos are good, especially the first one.

 
At 29/10/05 11:11 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

LOL, you silver tongued devil! TY!

 
At 29/10/05 4:42 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Beautiful! I've lived in Florida all my life, and only ventured out at certain times, so I've never seen fall foliage. I'm envious!

 
At 30/10/05 10:11 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Beautiful scenery. One of the things I miss most is the beautiful fall colors. Here, the palm trees shed a frond or two, and that's about it. *sigh*

Have a great week!

 
At 30/10/05 1:11 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks, Saukraut and Fred, I know when I was south I missed the seasons.

Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home